𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓: 𝐫𝐮𝐧-𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐧

THE HARRY SITUATION HAD BEEN RESOLVED, AND THINGS HAD SINCE gone back to normal. Fuller had eventually come around, being able to put his own trauma from the Vietnam war behind him. Harry's paperwork had come through, it was a Christmas miracle. And Judy was back home. Marcie had told her all about the party, and she thought the whole thing was funny. Especially the part about Mrs. Hanson thinking Marcie was dating her son.

"Yes, haha, hilarious," Marcie said, rolling her eyes and changing the subject. "The funniest thing was when everyone started teasing Hanson and he looked like he wanted to die," Marcie giggled. "I just love seeing him squirm."

"That part was pretty funny too," Judy said giggling as well. "The whole night seems really...eventful. I just wish I was there too!"

"You totally should have been. Oh well, I'm glad you're back now," Marcie grinned, giving Judy's hand a little squeeze.

Judy smiled in return. "Me too."

The two friends entered the chapel together, and were immediately met with Captain Fuller's lovely 8:00 AM screaming.

"Hanson and Penhall, get to the auto shop now! I want that Mustang's engine replaced by TONIGHT!"

Oh right, they were going to be racing some punk-ass kids, Marcie thought. She couldn't believe Fuller would really have Hanson replace his vintage car's engine just for a stupid case, but it entertained her to see how distraught he was about it.

As if on cue, she saw him and Doug walk by. Doug seemed to be still trying to convince him as he miserably grumbled something about it being an "unnecessary adjustment."

He looked up and made eye-contact with her on accident, so she gave him a smug smile and wave

He looked up and made eye-contact with her on accident, so she gave him a smug smile and wave. Hanson rolled his eyes and continued his discussion with Doug as they left the chapel.

"Hoffs! Roberts! My office please!" Fuller continued yelling.

The two girls looked at eachother and sighed as they prepared to receive their case of the week.

━ •❃°•°❀°•°❃• ━

The girls were flopped on the couch back at their apartment the next night, already exhausted by their assignment. They were undercover as private school girls at Braxton Academy, where a popular clique of girls were having new members complete dangerous dares to be accepted in. There had been reports of break-ins from the dean, and vandalism from the janitor, but no one had been able to catch any of these girls in the act.

Marcie was glad that the uniforms were at least cute. She and Judy were looking over the case files of possible suspects when they heard the phone ring.

"I'll get it," Judy said, getting up. "Hello? Oh hey, Doug."

Marcie pulled out a magazine, figuring it wasn't important.