Week Off Part 4

Days 2 and 3 of Ben's Week Off.

Mistakes are corrected.

And by the way the way Ben's been treating Trixie was gonna get to this but I hadn't realized how far it already got before now.

Middle of the desert Rustbucket

Max sat down just processing what Ben had just explained.

Everything except Charmcaster and his looking for Gwen's Parents. Max was looking as well but a Magister was responsible for Officers so Ben saying anything about that would cause...issues.

"So your Omnitrix let's you reproduce asexually?" Max said.

"I still have fun but yeah." Ben said.

"Could you call Grey again?"

Ben pulled it up and Grey answered on what appeared to be a cellphone.

"Dad?" Grey asked.

"Are you on a cellphone?" Ben asked.

"Remote communication from lab. Little Buggy but seems to work." Grey said "Azmuth told me we're going somewhere that I really shouldn't bring a phone so what's up?"

"Grampa wants to talk to you." Ben said.

"Gr uh Great Grampa Max how are ya?" Grey said.

"Shocked I have Great Grandson but welcome to the family." Max said.

"Thanks hope we can-" Grey looked off "-Uh sorry Azmuth says this is important. Oh extremely important? Uh-"

"I get it but your coming to Terra when you get the chance." Max said "Don't care what my grandkids are I still love em all."

"Oh and Thanks for making sure I didn't grow up to be a complete smoothbrain." Grey said then a quick goodbye.

"Ok now onto whatelse you told me. I've been sending money and your apartment should have been paid for." Max said.

"Why didn't you just let her stay in the Rustbucket?" Ben asked.

"Ben a kid needs to grow with feet on solid ground." Max said "I didn't live completely separate. I kept work here and lived in the apartment on days like this."

"Was Gwen alone for 5 ye-"

"No." Max and Gwen said.

"Ben the food and money dried up about a year ago." Gwen said.

"Then why were you under-fed?" Ben asked.

"Because feeding Gwen was not viable." Max said "She has the caloric intake of 4 people. My life savings was getting to the point of near nothing by the time she started puberty."

"Then how was Gwendolyn-"

"Ben my parents were both in high paying careers." Gwen said "If they raised me like my life was going I would never have felt hunger in my life and ended up looking like you."

"What are your parents like Ben?" Max asked.

"A post wall hippy obsessed with fad diets and yoga. And a construction worker." Ben said "But they did love me."

"Did they..." Max tapped his own wrist.

Ben pulled up his memory of the day his parents found out, his dad trying to cut it off with his saws.

Max and Albedo watched silent and Gwen sniffed.

Max shook his head. "The look on their faces when they got the news about Ben. Their reaction was similar."