LXIV - Winter Wishes

Start from the beginning

"The company would be nice, actually." I reply before I look outside. Overcast, low hanging clouds screaming pending rain that is bound to happen within the next day or two. "We'd better get into something warm first, in case it decides to rain later on."

"Meet you at the stables in ten, then?" Hange questions before I look at her and give her a nod. She flashed a toothy smile, turning on her heel and walking out of the mess hall. My eyes shifted to the raven who stood idly to the side, eyes set on me unwaveringly. I get up to leave the mess hall, brushing shoulders with him as I whisper a gentle 'good morning, Captain.'

Walking into my room, I throw on some random winter attire, a bit premature as winter isn't supposed to hit until tomorrow. But the winter chill, the dryness of the air and the taste of snow that waited to fall to the ground was evident. A season of comfort, of white earth, of cozy fires, blankets and hot cups of tea.

The Christmas season, the season of Levi's birthday.

My favourite season.

"So what are we planning to get?" Hange beamed as she approached me from her spot against a beam holding up the stables.

"Just a few food items to help with the Price family struggles. A few other necessities too, maybe. Blankets, towels, kitchen utilities." I answer.

"You know, you are one of the kindest people I know that it makes me sick." The glass eyed brunette grimaces making me roll my eyes as I pet Sin's face before we headed out into the streets, bustling with people conversing and playing children.

"You are so unnecessarily dramatic for no reason, I swear." I playfully insult making her scoff.

"Would it be dramatic of me to drag you into the local boutique and get you all pampered for your date tomorrow night?" She retorts with a sharp tone. My eyes widened slightly as I avert my gaze from the crowd ahead and stare at the brunettes eyes through the glass that framed them.

"Date?!" I say in shock. She rolled her eyes before turning ahead again before opening her mouth to respond.

"Is that not what it is?" She asked. I shook my head in disbelief before she shrugged it off nonchalantly. "The little birdie that told me that didn't specify so I assumed."

"Assumptions are usually never a good thing, Han! You've got the wrong idea, it's simply a birthday dinner." I reply back, feeling my cheeks heat up a little.

Date.

"Y/N." Hange voiced seriously, her hands quickly finding my shoulders as we both come to a halt in the middle of the streets, the citizens of Trost buzzing around us. I watch her amber eyes drill into mine, supposedly seeing into me with such an ease I thought was impossible."Do you like Levi?"

This was the question that I had dreaded being asked, because I myself didn't know. It was a question that forced me to face the burden of my own emotions, to a point where I was overwhelmed and pressured to think about it. Now that the question had been brought into light, I was panicking. Because I hadn't actually thought about my feelings toward Levi, nor had I had the time to with everything that had been happening lately, it hit me like a carriage that maybe I had developed a type of attraction toward my own captain.

The possibility was definitely there, and if I was given time to dwell in it, maybe I'd be able to give myself a solid answer, but my mind was all over the place at this point. I didn't even know how to feel when Hannes died yesterday, and I was completely unsure of which emotion I should've let take over when I saw Miche's remains. I'm not capable of having those types of feelings for someone, am I?