Part 2 of Chapter 1

Early the next day, while walking to  to Greg's house I  was utterly shocked to find a couple of cop cars parked out front. One of the cops talking to Greg's mom, glanced over at me as I walked up. He whispered something in her ear that sounded a little like, "Is that him, ma'm?" She quickly spun around with joy on her face but that joy soon died when she realized I was not the 'him' the cop had been referring to. She somberly walked over to me, and then burst into a fit of tears.

                 "Oh Jason!! It's Greg!! He didn't come home last night and I'm so worried about him!!" She pulled me in for a tight hug and practically smothered me with her big pink flamingo robe.

"Please find him!! Find him!!!"

The cop had to pull her off me before I was strangled by  her giant saggy mom arms.

As I started to walk away, wearily, I could hear her crying and screaming.  

Greg didn't come home last night, eh? I had a feeling that I knew exactly where he was then.

                As I opened the rod iron gates of the entrance to the massacre manor, a heavy chill shot up my spine. The sky grew darker and the fear of rain increased when the tiny droplets of water began to drizzle on my face. Then the sky completely opened up and Hell began beating down upon me. I bolted for the manor door as fast as I could , but I was soaked before I even got half way there. When I pushed against the heavy door it clicked, and swung open with ease. I warily stepped inside and looked around.

             "Greg! Where are you, man?"

There was no sound in the house except for the steady pitter patter of rain on the roof and the echo of my voice.

"Greg!!! Seriosly dude! This isn't funny! Where the hell are you!?" ...Still nothing. In frustration, I pounded my fist on the dusty table in front of me and screamed. Then I heard a dull thud, as something fell to the floor in the next room.

"Greg!? Is that you?"

I ran into the other room where the noise came  from and all I found was a video camera on the ground....

Greg's video camera......

....Smeared with blood.

                My heart sank as I  raced over towards it.

As I picked it up, I quickly realized that it was dead

I groaned, then looked around and screamed,

"Greg!!!! Greeeg!!!"

Silence answered back.

I glanced down at the video camera hopefully.

"Maybe this will tell me where he is," I said to myself.

As I gathered my things, ready to leave, the ominous, icy chill came back and enveloped me in fear. Checking behind my shoulder, I darted out the door as fast as I could then ran to my house and didn't stop for anything.