"Okay-"

"Did you really think those two days with him were the best of your life?"

"JJ-"

That said enough in itself.

"Answer the damn question, Iris!"

She looked down at the floor, "Yes."

He nodded, carefully planning what he was going to say, "And you two...you two had sex, didn't you?"

Sighing, Iris shrugged slightly, "Yeah..."

JJ scoffed, his jaw clenching as he looked away from her so she couldn't see the tears in his eyes, "Jesus, Iris, so what is this? Huh? You do all this shit with Rafe, tell him god knows what, and then come back to us as if nothing happened?"

"That's not true!" She fought back, knowing it was.

"It's not? Huh? That's what happened!" JJ yelled back at her as she shook her head.

"I didn't know he would be there."

"I know that." JJ spat, "But you knew that all of us were probably scared shitless and worried about you but you were living in La La land with Rafe for those two days!" JJ watched as her expression changed slightly, "You didn't think of that, did you? Of us? All of us?"

She widened her eyes, scoffing at him, "Of course I did J-"

"That's a fucking lie!"

"I knew that you guys might be in danger, but I had no way of escaping or even trying to help you until Singh wasn't there." She paused slightly, "And the only reason we got to come back here, to OBX, was because Rafe let me take his boat. He told me to take everyone back."

"I don't believe that for a second."

"Then how do you think I got his boat, JJ?"

He shrugged, "I, I don't know."

"That's how." Iris mumbled.

"So, what, you're just, you're just back with Rafe without saying anything to us? To me?"

"I'm not back with Rafe."

"But you want to be."

"I never said that."

She didn't have to.

"I can tell by the look on your face, Iris." JJ sighed, "I really thought you and I were something on the island, you know that? That's why I didn't wanna come back here to OBX! I thought maybe all this shit with Rafe would finally be over, but boy, was I wrong." JJ began to walk towards the door, tears in his eyes before he turned back to her, "You told me that you loved me. Was that even the truth?"

Was he serious?

She did love him.

Just not in the same way as she loved Rafe.

Iris furrowed her brow, "Of course it was."

"But you're not in love with me."

"JJ-"

"That's a no." He chuckled, "So, what? You just used me until you got back with Rafe?"

"It wasn't like that! I care about you a lot and I do love you, JJ-"

"But you don't love me the way that I love you! You don't love me the way that you love Rafe! Do you know how that makes me feel?" JJ said, wiping a few tears off of his cheeks.