DEUX

Tomorrow is the day

The sun peeked through the leaves of a large tree, dancing along the wind with a gentle sway.

The morning has passed a few hours ago and the afternoon has arrived rather quickly. Tanaka sipped his coffee, sitting in silence and listening to the whistles of the wind and the rustling of the leaves.

On the other hand, the butler, Hansen, has been standing and watching his young master on the sideline blankly, the event from earlier has given him a bit of a shock due to the unexpected agreement of his master.

But an agreement is still an agreement hence he decided to stop thinking about it too much and never mentioned it again for fear of a sudden change of response.

Tanaka looked around the garden, it was filled with varieties of fully bloomed flowers, giving off a very pleasing sight and a fresh atmosphere.

"When do we leave?" All of a sudden, Tanaka asked and looked at the butler, leaning back and melting on the chair.

"If possible, we should leave tomorrow morning as the journey takes 3 hrs, the young master can take the whole day to rest after we arrive." Hansen replied in slow manner, carefully observing Tanaka, his eyes twitching as he watched Tanaka melt down the chair.

"Okay." After responding, silence overcame them once again and of course, Hansen would never start a conversation unless it was required or his master initiated it.

But a few moments into the silence, Tanaka yawned and decided it's time to sleep before directly falling asleep on the chair, disregarding the fact that someone was watching him and this position was uncomfortable.

Hansen was baffled and couldn't figure out what to do in this situation but in the end, he decided to leave Tanaka alone, assigned a guard and another butler to keep watch of the young master before leaving.

It was time for him and the Head Butler to prepare for their journey tomorrow. With a glint in his eyes, he rushed towards the Head Butler and aided him with assigning tasks to the other workers and prepared only the required necessities.

Soon enough, the manor was empty and only a handful of workers were left due to the fact that most workers in this manor weren't able to transfer to the main manor, hence they had been dismissed and each one of them had been offered an opportunity to work in other households.

A Head Butler, Hansen and the guards from this morning were the only ones left in this large manor.

Within the silence, the sound of soft footsteps attracted their attention, they all looked at the direction of the sound and saw Tanaka walking towards them.

Tanaka has just woken up from a nap with an aching pain on his neck, afterall, he slept in an unusual position.

Seeing the dimming light from the sun, Tanaka stood up and held his neck as he walked back inside the manor, thinking about how he would never sleep in that position again.

Strangely, the manor was quiet unlike this morning which was full of chattering and footsteps. In curiosity, Tanaka looked around and saw a group of people looking at him, each one with different expressions.

"Greetings, Young Master!"

". . . Good evening" After a moment of silence, Tanaka decided to respond in a quiet tone.

The group of people felt a bit strange, the young master had been acting weird from the moment he woke up.

Feeling confused with how they looked at him, Tanaka decided to just go back to his room, but before Tanaka left their sight.