"he's just playing with you, pup, don't give too much thought about what donghyuck is saying. it's useless crap most of the time" sicheng comforted the shiba hybrid, pecking his lips quickly before patting his head as he glared at his human friend who was snickering.

before the conversation could go any further and any of them could add a snarky remark, the waiter came to their table with the bill and the card machine.

"so, how are we splitting the bills?"

before anyone could answer, jeno had cleared his throat, catching the waiter's attention and making him look in his direction. with a small smirk, jeno wrapped his arms around renjun and jaemin who were by his sides, making sure to pull jaemin really close to him.

"i'm going to pay for my boyfriends and i." he voiced out, insisting on the word 'boyfriends' before giving the waiter an innocent look.

jeno recalled him very well. he had been the guy that had tried to flirt with jaemin a few weeks prior when jeno had first met jaemin's friends. that day, jeno had witnessed the boy trying to flirt jaemin and making him uncomfortable, and he had immediately come to jaemin's rescue, scolding the man for being pushy with jaemin and threatening him.

and so, seeing him there again, jeno decided to be brave and make him understand that jaemin was his – and renjun's too – and that there was no way he would ever be able to get one of his filthy hands on the hybrid.

the boys paid one after the other, and soon, the waiter had thanked them all and gotten back behind the bar where he busied himself with other orders. once he was out of sight, renjun and donghyuck both looked at jeno, renjun with wide eyes and donghyuck with a smirk.

"w-what was that?" renjun asked with a chuckle, slightly confused.

"jeno asserting his dominance over you two." donghyuck replied, arms crossed over his chest as he wiggled his brows.

"him and that waiter have some kind of history. he was just making sure that the guy knew his place."sicheng explained to which renjun looked even more confused.

"before the three of you got together, we went here to have a drink, and the waiter was trying to flirt with jaemin. so, jeno walked up to him and told him to fuck off. and today was just a way to insist on the fuck off part i guess." taeyong explained, to which renjun nodded, finally understanding what it was all about.

"so... you're asserting your dominance now?" the boy asked, raising a teasing brow at his boyfriend, knowing very well that this was something that could never have happened before.

jeno blushed, shrugging slightly before looking at his two boyfriends.

"i don't want other people to hit on you. you are mine, and mine only." he stated. "and i want everyone to know that."

"thank you, have a nice evening!" renjun exclaimed, flashing their last customer of the day a smile before slamming the cash register shut and heaving out a loud sigh.

"and, another day finally ends." chenle stated, lying his head on the counter of the convenience store before turning his head to look at renjun. "we're five minutes late to close, as usual."

"chenle, we can't just throw the customers out." renjun rolled his eyes as he made sure to tidy the counter. "that lady literally wanted to buy a pack of ramen for dinner, i wansn't going to tell her to fuck off and have no dinner for tonight."