⊗ 6 ⊗

today was no different from other days to jaemin. well, for the past seven days actually.

since the auction had taken place and since he had been adopted by the two humans named renjun and jeno, life had been so much better for the hybrid.

no more beating, no more scolding, and someone to play with him and take care of him 24/7. he couldn't dream of anything better. plus, jeno never locked him in his cage and left him free to roam around the house which jaemin was really thankful of.

renjun seemed a bit more distant and bothered by his presence, but he was never violent or utterly mean to him, so jaemin couldn't complained. for the past months, as soon as cho ryuwon had discovered that he was the hidden son of her husband and not an orphan he had met in an adoption centre, she had badly mistreated him, mentally and physically. so, right now, jaemin couldn't complain of the slight hatred that renjun may feel towards him, because he was still treating him a thousand times better than cho ryuwon was.

anyway, just like the past seven days, jaemin waited for jeno and renjun to leave the house to transform into his human form. being a hybrid was nice, but he felt much better in his human form than in his animal form, it seemed like he had more space and more freedom. except when he needed to go out and so, to hide his little pom-pom tail and his two big and pointy rabbit ears.

despite the fact there were more and more of them in the world, hybrids were still majorly discriminated against causing most of them to kept their identities hidden. being a hybrid automatically categorised people as poor and desperate.

in fact, there was a time when hybrids didn't exist. they had been created in laboratories by scientists eager to improve the human condition by mixing it with the dna of animals and get some of their genes. because of the high cost of research, scientists focused for the moment on small and domestic animals before they would move on to wild and bigger animals.

these research requiring lots of testing, scientists offered important sums of money to people who accepted to give their body to science and live genetic modifications. because the results of those kinds of experiments vary a lot, the people accepting to take part in those are often people with very little money that are ready to do anything to get out of poverty.

jaemin's mother was one of them, and she had accepted to sell her body to science in order to offer herself a better life that the one she had. after that, she met mr na with whom she had jaemin. and because she couldn't afford a child and because mr na had fallen in love with her, he made his wife adopt jaemin and treat him as their child. because of this, jaemin could never meet his real mother properly, and he got locked inside a world that didn't truly belong to him.

"jaemin!!"

the rabbit hybrid's eyes opened wide as he turned around, immediately being tackled in a hug by his long-time friend.

"hi, mark!" the hybrid giggled, pulling the boy in a hug and readjusting the beanie the boy was wearing on his head. "are you here alone?"

"no, donghyuck is right behind me!"

jaemin and mark pulled out from the hug just in time for donghyuck – mark's boyfriend – to get to his side.

"hey, jaem." donghyuck waved at him as he wrapped his other arm around mark's waist to pull him close."stop being so excited, your tail is poking out, love." he added in mark's ear while tucking the black furry tail back in mark's pants.

the rabbit hybrid chuckled at the sight of his hybrid friend being all flustered because of his boyfriend.

it felt nice to be with his friends again. jaemin had met all of them back when he was still living in his father's place, and at that time, they used to meet at least twice a week to do stuff together with people accepting of hybrids only, causing them not to feel ashamed of being a hybrid.