but at the same time, what could they say? should they apologise? should they just voice out their feelings? they had no idea what to say, and the tension thickening more with every second didn't help them to decide themselves to blurt out something random.

but thankfully, they gained the courage to start a conversation after a while.

"i'm so-" "we should- "

the two boys immediately stopped themselves from talking further, looking shyly at each other and making everything even more award that it was before – if possible.

jeno and renjun found themselves surrounded by silence once again, both boys seeking the courage to start speaking again.

"i-" "we-"

and for the second time, the two ex-boyfriends started speaking at the same time.

at this point, they weren't even sure that they could make things more awkward. such a level of awkwardness was hard to reach, and once reached, it was even harder to keep it going for a while. but jeno and renjun loved to defy the limits of the society.

"you fir-" "go on-"

"no, you-" "no, you-"

knowing that this little game could go on for hours if one of them didn't do something, jeno decided to act, using the little bit of self-confidence that was left within his body.

and so, in a swift motion, he clasped his hand over renjun's mouth, towering over the chinese male as he voiced out words he believed he wouldn't be able to get out if he didn't do it now.

"i'm sorry for everything that happened, renjun." he started, apologising sincerely to his ex-boyfriend as he let his heart take control of his voice. "these past weeks have been so horrible, i never wanted us to break up and drift apart. i still love you so much, renjun. i can't afford to lose you, not when you helped me so much coping with myself, and not when i got so attached to you. i need you so bad, renjun, and i was so dumb, hiding things from you and lying to you. but now that i got a taste of how miserable life was without you, i can tell you for sure that i never want to go through that again, and that i'd do everything to be back with you."

by the end of his monologue, jeno was out of breath, slightly panting as his teary eyes never left renjun's. the chinese male's eyes were glossy with tears as well, looking up at jeno with love and envy.

the korean male allowed his hand to slip off renjun's mouth in order to wipe a stray tear that had escaped from his eye.

"i-i... i-i just w-wanted to t-tell you t-that..." he added, becoming once again the stuttery mess that he had always been.

renjun stayed silent for a few seconds, replying jeno's wors in his head and processing them before he could think of giving an answer.

with each second passing, jeno's head lowered and his heart shattered a bit more, the probability of an answer from renjun decreasing faster than expected.

but thankfully, renjun had made up his mind on what answer to give jeno aftr a few more seconds. and contrarily to what jeno imagined, the answer didn't come as verbal, but instead, as physical.

in a blink of an eye, renjun had perched himself on the tip of his toes and wrapped his arms around jeno's neck to pull the younger male towards him and crash his lips on his.

jeno couldn't think of words to describe the burst of emotions that happened within him as he tasted renjun's oh-so-sweet lips after so long. his heart was doing summersaults inside his ribcage, his body completely frozen in shock, and his mind coing completely crazy at what was happening to him.