Chapter 7 - His Sister's Keeper

Bellamy ran to me in the night, panicked, torch in hand.

,,Bellamy what is it? Bellamy, what's going on?" I asked twice because he didn't answer the first question.

,,Octavia... She hasn't come back since last night..." He was stressed, worried about his sister.

,,What?!" I ran into the Dropship with Bellamy on my heels, then the tents. We checked on everyone, it was half an hour but it felt like hours.

,,Go get Clarke, I'll look around." I said.

I went behind the walls, nobody was there, I came back after while...

,,She's nowhere, I'm starting to worry about her." I said and Bellamy started gathering people.

,,My sister has been out for more than twelve hours! Everyone grab your weapons, we're not going back without her!" His voice echoed through Camp.

Jasper came to a pile of weapons.

,,Jasper, you don't have to do this, you haven't even been properly behind the walls yet." Clarke reached for his shoulder.

,,We need anyone, Clarke." I said and picked up a few daggers. I had an extra one I stole from Roan the other day.

Before we left, a meteor shower started... Wait, that's not a meteor shower... That's a funeral... Those flares didn't work...

,,It's your fault!" Raven shoved Bellamy.

,,I helped find the radio!" Bellamy raised his voice at her.

,,After you stole it from my Pod and threw it in the river!" She raised her voice.

,,Look, all I care about is that my sister is out there somewhere. " he said.

,,Raven, Raven, Raven calm down. He's going to have to live with it now." I said grabbing Raven's hand as she was about to continue yelling at Bellamy.

Raven left angrily, And Finn came out of the tent.

,,Can we go now?!" I said angrily and went ahead.

Bellamy caught up to me after a while.

,,Isn't this piece of cloth Octavia's?" asked a boy who was up from the hill.

,,Rope." Bellamy ordered. "Flashlight." He ordered again.

Meanwhile, I slowly went down. Suddenly one of my feet slipped, but before I could land, my hand was grabbed by Bellamy who was holding the rope with his other hand.

,,You're stubborn." He told me and pulled me to the rope.

I frowned when Bellamy was at the fabric.

,,It's hers!" I yelled up to the others and they started to climb down.

When Bellamy and I got all the way down I saw blood on rocks, I wasn't the only one Finn was right next to me. Looking at the same spot.

Then there were footprints in the mud, much bigger than Octavia's. They gradually deepened. He carried her...

,,That blood is fresh." Finn said and I was crouched next to him.

He carried her." I said as I pointed to the tracks.

,,So she can't be dead, they took her away. Just like me." Jasper said.

This is worse, If they took her away, they could torture her for answers... I hope he was the kind of Grounder who wants peace, because if not. We're in trouble.

,,Let's go." I said, following the footsteps at Finn's side.

The thought of Octavia being hurt... I didn't want that idea anymore. I erased it from my mind and thought about something else... However, a memory immediately came to my mind...

Flashback

"Octavia wait, it's not a fair game if you have an extra point!" I laughed, we were playing some board game. I can't remember the name of it.

We were alone in their home. I've been helping them for a few weeks now. And I kind of babysit when Aurora is at work and Bellamy is at training.

I heard the door. I turned to see who it was. Who else to expect but Bellamy.

,,Bell!" Octavia smiled and wrapped her arms around her brother's waist.

I smiled. I stood up and looked at Octavia hugging her brother who was smiling.

Bellamy was walking towards the evening. So me and Octavia were after dinner, I somehow helped them with food too.

,, Katarina, will you read me a fairy tale? Even if you don't see it, you can tell fairy tales the best. No offense Bell." Octavia said and I laughed.

Since Aurora knew when the guards would come due to certain activities, we knew when Octavia have to slept under the floor or when she can sleep on the bed...

,,Fine, which one do you want?" I asked, telling her bedtime stories almost every day.

,,You didn't finish the one about the little girl who was locked in the tower last time." She told me. She liked the story because it was similar to her life.

,,Okay, go to bed and I'll be right there. I have to prepare the story again." I said and she climbed into bed with her rabbit.

,,Thank you..." I heard Bellamy say.

,,For what?" I looked at Octavia as she tried her best to make herself comfortable in bed.

,,That you're helping us, you're using the fact that you're a council member's daughter in a different way than others. Octavia really likes you." He explained to me with smile.

,, I enjoy it, you're welcome." I said and went to Octavia.

I started to tell.

,,Once, a Princess was locked in a tower, she could only be freed by a prince who comes there with a pure heart..." I began...

"And they lived happily ever after." I finished, but Octavia was still awake.

,, And Kat, do you think a prince on a white horse with a pure heart will come to rescue me one day?" Octavia asked me with hope in her voice.

,,Maybe, but I'm sure that Your Big Brother is coming to save you!" Bellamy spoke up, taking Octavia on his back.

,,And Kat, we're all locked up in space... Will someone come to save you like someone once will save me?" Octavia got off Bellamy and walked over to me with this question.

,,I don't know O, maybe..." I said hesitantly, I didn't want to spoil her dream about someone letting her out of their apartment.

,,How about Bell, he can save you too." She said dreamily, looking between me and Bellamy.

,,Time to go to bed O." Bellamy said. We both laughed quietly...

<><><><><><><><>

We walked until we came across the beginning of another forest, there were hanging skeletons everywhere... And there was an inscription that I read very well, even though it was in Trigedasleng.

It said: Keep Out

,,I don't speak the Grounder language, but this definitely means keep out." Finn said next to me.

I heard a lot of Delinquent leaving.

,,I would go to hell for her." I heard Jasper say.

,,I have a feeling that's where we're going..." Finn spoke up.

,,My sister, my responsibility." Bellamy said Determined.

,,She's my family too, she's my responsibility too..." I whispered but Bellamy heard it, we walked into that dark alley full of skeletons...