When I step inside, I continue to stare up at her, today she was wearing a dress, with pink, green, orange and blue flowers scattered everywhere on it, she looked nice in it, even though I saw Y/n give her trousers or jeans before, but she refused to wear them because she was much more comfortable in a dress, like she said so Y/n didn't really pressure her into it, just let her wear whatever she wanted.

When I stopped myself from staring to long, I take the book I wanted and when I'm ready to step out, I hear the creak of the ladder and when I turn, I see Evie hanging with one foot on the ladder whilst the rest of her dangles away from it and a second later she's lost her balance and falls, but I've already caught her.

I'm then watching her open her eyes, blink a few times and then watch her eyes move to my own, 'are you okay', I ask and she quickly nods whilst I carefully put her back on her feet, 'I'm okay', she confirms and then takes a step back whilst I watch the tip of her ears and her cheeks turn a shade of pink, 'are you hot', I ask, because she looks flustered and a little embarrassed, 'No, I uh...', she stumbles and then sighs, 'No', she replies and I nod and hold the ladder, 'it moves', I tell her and move it side to side, 'see', I said, so she knows.

'Oh', she says when I take my hand back, 'thank you, I didn't know that', she says and I nod.

'Steve', she calls out when I stop next to the door and look behind me, 'thank you', she says, 'For the uhm...', she adds, pointing to the ladder and the spot I caught her, so I share a smile and nod, 'It's no problem', I said, 'I take it as a serious job to catch people falling off ladders', I said and it earns me a short giggle, it was light and a little breathless, but it was beautiful just the same.

'Well thank you', she says and I give her a short nod and walk out.

When I'm ready to take the next corner, I see Nat, Sam, Bucky, and Tony, just stood their staring at me, 'Barnes, you know him better then anyone, did his parents drop him on his head when he was a baby', Tony asks and I stare at them dumbfoundedly, I have no clue what he's talking about or what he meant by that.

'Not sure if he was, but it wouldn't be surprising if they did', he replies back and I hear Nat tsk, 'oh, they definitely did, because he wouldn't be an idiot right now', she says and they're all just stood their, agreeing to the idea.

'You know I'm stood right here, right', I said.

'Oh we know', Sam says this time and puts a hand on my shoulder, 'we may need to train him for the real world', he says to the three, which makes them laugh, but I'm still confused, 'get back in there Rogers, you can still salvage the situation if you need to', Tony says and then pushes me back into the library, 'talk to her, it'll be great', Nat says and now I know where this is going, and understand what they we're talking about, 'we just did, besides I'm fine where I'm at and...', I begin when Tony interrupts with the roll of his eyes, 'and nothing, if you haven't notice, she's the girl version of you, get to know her Rogers, your not that old that your brains gone empty', he says and I'm sighing when they close the door shut infront of me.

When I'm left in silence, it's only then that I hear the soft notes of music playing from somewhere and when I turn and walk over, I see Evie reading something for a few seconds and then she set's it down and begins to stand up.

'No, that's not right', she muttered, and I watch her move her feet, then spin, then she trips over her feet and falls, and this time I'm to late to catch her, 'you must be really clumsy', I said and chuckle when she frowns at me, 'I'm not clumsy', she says.

'Then why are you on the floor', I ask and watch her mouth open and close and instead she sighs which makes me laugh, 'I like sitting on the floor, it's comfortable', she says and I only nod, 'right', I said, not believing the words out of her mouth, 'what are you doing anyway', I ask when she gets back on her feet and runs her hand on her dress, 'I was learning to dance', she replies, 'For Y/n and Bucky's wedding', she explains and I'm beginning to understand, 'you need a partner for that', I said and she nods and tucks a fallen strand of hair behind her ear, 'I know, but the book says that you can learn by yourself too', she says and I shake my head.