chapter 26

(Shulk)pov

i get up from the ground and look for others, Is everyone OK? i asked. Yeah said Fiora, That was a close one, I mean, how on Bionis did we survive that?  we seem all right said Reyn. I dunno, It could be that we were just lucky. But I'm sure there must be more to it than that said Dunban.

You were protected by the power of Lady Meyneth said someone, Who's there? asked Dunban as we saw a Machina walking to us. A Machina? asked Melia, Are you Vanea? asked Fiora, Vanea? Does that mean you're Miqol's daughter? asked Reyn.

I am glad you are safe, Lady Meyneth said Vanea, Lady Meyneth? i asked. That Face was sent to destroy you, I am truly happy you are all right said Vanea, You're lying! Gadolt would never try and hurt us! said Sharla.

Sadly his Homs memories no longer remain. The current Faces are nothing more than weapons designed to annihilate all life on Bionis said Vanea. It can't be! said Sharla, Faces are created by directly integrating the brain stem and metabolic organs of Homs into Mechon said Vanea.

Memories and emotion are nothing but a hindrance to an effective weapon. However, the early Faces were experimental. Many retained memories from their former lives, This prevented them from executing their missions effectively said Vanea.

More recent Faces have had all memories of their previous lives completely erased said Vanea, Is that because of me? asked Fiora. No. It is not your fault said Vanea, Mumkhar seems the more likely candidate said Dunban.

His attachment to us was too strong. You could say it caused his destruction said Dunban, That Xord one'n' all said Reyn. You are correct said Vanea, No. It's not true. My Gadolt... said Sharla, Sharla? asked Reyn.

Explain it to me. I mean, why does Egil want to make us into Mechon? What's the reason for all this? i asked. In order to counter the Monado said Vanea, I knew it said Reyn, The Monado is ineffective against the High Entia, the Homs - against all races of Bionis said Vanea.

Egil suffered a bitter defeat in the battle one year ago. After that, he theorised that he could counter the Monado by integrating organic life from Bionis said Vanea. Of course. Initially, the Monado couldn't take a Homs life said Dunban.

It can now though said Reyn, It could not harm those who share the blood of Zanza. That was its sole weakness. But Zanza lifted that constraint said Vanea, Those who share the blood of Zanza? Who is that giant? asked Dunban.

The progenitor of the Homs said Vanea, Him?! said Dunban. And once the friend of my brother Egil, before they became sworn enemies, It was Zanza who devastated Mechonis said Vanea. What?! i said.

Are you saying that Zanza is to blame for Mechonis' devastation?! It's Zanza's sword that I'm using! Does this mean we're enemies?! And if so, why are you... i said, Shulk! Calm down! said Reyn.

Sorry...I...i said, I will take you to the Mechonis capital, Agniratha said Vanea. Is that your plan? Lead us straight to the gates of our enemy? Deliver us into Egil's hands? asked Dunban. It will be quicker to show you than to explain said Vanea.

Then you will understand the history of Mechonis and the battle between the two titans, Up ahead is a lift that leads to the Central Factory within the chest of the Mechonis, The capital, Agniratha, lies just beyond there said Vanea.

As we got to the lift and used it to get to Agniratha, once we got off we saw how big the central factory was. This is the Central Factory, within the chest of the Mechonis. Can you see the ring up ahead? said Vanea.

At the base of that ring is a transporter that leads to Agniratha, we must first head there. This place is full of autonomous security Mechon, Tread carefully said Vanea. We tried the lift to the Central tower but it didn't work so we took an alternative route.