"woah, thank you so much!" she said before hopping away to another alley.

renjun let out a sigh after witnessing the scene, going back to his ketchup bottles and wondering what him and jeno could cook for dinner.

"n-no... problem..."

the chinese male got alarmed by the words from the taller male which didn't sound as confident and loud as they should have been. plus, his answer to the little girl was coming a bit late considering that she had left the alley long seconds ago.

renjun messily placed the three ketchup bottles he had in his hands on the shelf, not caring much about their placement, before he stood up and took a step towards the tall boy whose body was swaying left and right in an abnormal way.

"hey, everything alright?" he asked, approaching him. there was no answer form the boy who kept swaying weirdly, his back facing renjun.

as renjun got closer, he noticed the boy looking at his hand and gasped himself when he saw a red liquid contrasting with the paleness of his skin.

the tall boy lost his balance, falling backwards but managing to stay on his two feet for a few more seconds, allowing renjun to see his face. and now, renjun gasped for real.

the boy's eyes seemed lost in time, his face had paled so much he looked like he was about to pass out, and blood was oozing out of his nose and from a cut right beneath his eyebrows, on his nose bone.

"fuck." renjun breathed out, realising that this had probably been caused by the maxi jar of pickles when it had bounced on his nose. this shit had to weight at least 1kg! and the jar was made of glass! the impact that the boy had received on his small nose must have hurt like hell.

an nth gasp slipped past his lips as he noticed the boy's eyes rolling to the back of his head before his muscles gave up and his limp body was overpowered by gravity, threatening him to hurt himself even more in his fall to the floor.

wanting to avoid any catastrophe, renjun rushed behing him, opening his arms wide for the tall boy to land against his chest so that he could accompany him until a lying position without him hurting himself.

"chenle!!" renjun exclaimed, getting on his knees and helping the boy to lie down on the floor, placing his head on his lap so that it didn't rest on the hard and dirty floor of the convenience store. "chenle!! come here!!"

renjun groaned, digging his hand in the pocket of his uniform in hope to find a tissue or anything that could allow him to wipe the unconscious boy's bloody nose. and of course, his pockets were completely empty...

the chinese male looked around exasperated, his eyes brightening immediately when he noticed a pack of bugs bunny napkins messily thrown in the middle of the mustard shelf, right next to him. he usually hated customers who left their items anywhere when they realised they didn't need them anymore while grocery shopping, but for some reason, he was very thankful to this customer for leaving these napkins here. 

he tore open the bag on napkins open, not bothering to check the price as he told himself he'll simply deduce their cost to his pay, and pulled one out, wiping the blood that was pooling under the unconscious boy's nostrils and threatening to stain his clothes if it flowed further against his skin and to his neck.

"chenle!!" renjun tried again, pulling the boy back on his lap and using a second napkin to reduce the flow of blood.

thankfully, after this third call, renjun's younger chinese friend appeared at the end of the alley, his smile immediately dropping when he saw renjun holding an unconscious and bleeding male.