"rabbit?!" jeno's eyes widened like saucers when he realised that he had completely forgotten about his pet – whom he had discovered wasn't fully an animal, but actually a hybrid, and he still had many questions to ask him since renjun had interrupted their conversation the night before. "oh my god, nana!"

"yes, nana..." renjun rolled his eyes at his boyfriend's excitement. he may have promised himself not to care about the animal anymore, but he couldn't help but feel the urge to kick it out each time jeno smile like this at its mention. "so... can i go, now?" renjun asked.

there were a few seconds of silence during which jeno was deep in thought.

"mhh... okay, but come back quick, okay?" he asked with a smile, his eyes turning into crescents.

"of course." renjun nodded, getting on the tip of his toes to kiss jeno's lips. "i love you, babe."

"i love you too." jeno said back, waving at renjun as the boy walked out and closed the front door behind his back.

after checking the window to make sure renjun had really left, jeno turned around, facing the white animal that was still sitting peacefully on the couch.

"nana!" jeno exclaimed, running to the couch and jumping on it, his action causing the rabbit to fly up in the air. "oh, god!" jeno gasped, quickly catching the rabbit in his flight and placing him on its lap to pat him.

"sorry for that..." jeno coughed. "hum... i wanted to know if you'd like to transform so that we can continue talking, you know?"

the rabbit nodded almost immediately, hopping off jeno's lap and placing himself on the couch before morphing into his human form.

"hi..." the rabbit boy said timidly, throwing jeno a tiny wave of hand.

"hello!" jeno smiled brightly. "how have you been doing today?"

"good, thank you." he replied in a low voice.

"that's nice." jeno nodded. "so, can i continue interrogating you like i was doing yesterday?"

"sure, of course." the hybrid answered, sitting crossed-legs on the sofa and facing jeno.

"okay, so first, i wanted to know your name, because i figured out that i named you nana, but you must have a name that you'd rather have me calling you."

"my name is jaemin." the hybrid answered. "but i like nana very much, so you can keep calling me that. it's cute."

"well, jaemin is beautiful too." jeno flashed jaemin a smile, causing him to flush beet red.

"t-thank y-you..." he mumbled shyly.

"no problem." jeno chuckled at the boy's cuteness. "and, why don't you want renjun to know that you are a hybrid?"

"well..." jaemin paused for a second, reminding himself of all of the reflections, the stares and the threats that he received from renjun. "i... i don't think he likes me very much... and i feel like telling him would make him hate me even more..."

"oh... yeah, i see..." jeno nodded, completely aware of his boyfriend's harshness towards the rabbit. "but i can't understand why, renjun is like the best boyfriend anyone could wish for. and he's the one who suggested that i should be getting a pet..."

"i can see that he's an amazing boyfriend, but he's not the best owner..." jaemin shrugged slightly.

"i'm sorry that you can feel it that much, i promise i'll try to make him warm up to you. and then, in the future we'll be able to tell him about your real identity." jeno said, placing a comforting hand on jaemin's knee. "but it the meantime, this will stay out little secret."

at those words, jaemin lifted his head to meet eyes with jeno, a smile appearing on his face almost immediately. jeno was looking at him with so much care, his eyes forming two little crescents that would make anyone in their sane mind melt at their sight – and it was no exception for jaemin.

"our little secret." he nodded happily, his insides becoming all jelly at the affection he was so unused to receive.

"i'm starving!" jeno declared. "and i suppose that you'd rather eat something nice instead of rabbit food. i'm sorry by the way, for feeding you only with disgusting food... feel free to steal stuff in the fridge if you're hungry, okay?"

"well..." jaemin's face turned red. "i... i may have stolen a few things already..." he said in a timid voice, making jeno chuckle.

"it's okay, it's normal." jeno assured. "come with me, i'm going to cook something. and we'll use this time to get to know each other more, okay?"

"mmh." jaemin nodded, standing up and following jeno to the kitchen.

"so, tell me what you usually do when neither renjun nor i are home?" jeno asked, opening the fridge to grab a few ingredients.

"well... i often go out to see my hybrid friends." jaemin explained.

"oh! you have hybrid friends!" jeno exclaimed out of surprise.

"yeah." jaemin nodded. "i have three. and we hang out with their human boyfriends too. they're really nice. we should hang out together sometime."

"sure, that would be very nice!" jeno nodded. "so, what do you guys do together?"

and so, time flew by for jeno and jaemin as the two of them talked and joked around all afternoon long, getting to know each other more in detail. and jeno didn't even realise that long hours had passed when jaemin was forced to turn into a rabbit again when renjun came back from work, being welcomed by jeno by a bear hug and a loving kiss.