"Paano mo naman nalaman? We've just met."

Natawa ito. "I just know. I can feel it."

Annarih felt better. She had never experienced such a feeling from anyone, especially since her mother's death. The feeling of being cared for, of someone's genuine concern for his well-being, and of someone's sincere willingness to lift his will had eluded her for so long.

For a moment, Cassily stared at her. Naiintindihan niya ang nararamdaman nito. Alam na alam niya ang pakiramdam na mawalan.

Experiencing the loss of a loved one is a profoundly agonizing encounter that demands that we permit ourselves to grieve and experience the anguish of our bereavement. We may choose to shed tears, express our sentiments verbally, or engage in alternative activities to articulate our emotions. However, there are individuals who strive to conceal their distress due to the belief that experiencing pain implies incompetence in managing their situation. Nevertheless, Cassily believes that exhibiting emotions like shedding tears is obviously fine. In fact, crying is a reaction, an emotional response to a wide spectrum of circumstances that include sadness, elation, fury, exasperation, and even physical pain. It is a customary human behavior that acts as a channel for expressing and discharging emotions. Crying does not connote frailty or vigor; it is simply a natural human reaction.

And as for Cassily, she may have only met her now, but that is definitely not an excuse for her to forsake her. She needs help, and she will help her because she believes that's what she deserves.

To find peace of mind, to find justice.

-

It's already late in the evening. Nakatutok ang mga mata ni Cassily sa laptop. Hindi siya titigil hangga't hindi siya nakakakuha ng impormasyon.

Subalit lahat ng pagtatangka niya ay hindi rin nagtatagumpay kaya't sa huli, without any choice, kinuha niya ang phone para tawagan ang isang kakilala na alam niyang makatutulong sa kanya.

[Lady Harris, biglaan po 'ata ang pagtawag ninyo,] ang bungad sa kabilang linya nang masagot nito ang tawag.

"Agent Top, it's been a while." She lit her cigarette as she was waiting for her to speak.

[You need anything?]

Cassily smiled.

"I need you."

She'd known her for quite a long time now pero ngayon niya lang nalaman ang koneksyon nito kay Annarih.

Alam niyang matutulungan siya nito.

Because she is Janella Diaz, most and well known as Agent Top. She is Annarih's childhood best friend. They knew each other since forever.

She will be a great help.

-

"Poor Annarih." A woman standing in her mansion's living room drank the whole glass of a Don Julio 1942 Anejo Tequila. "It is imaginable that she is currently experiencing intense pain as she realizes that she is constantly falling short and failing," she muttered.

She raised her hand to command her maid to put more wine on her glass.

Natatawa na lang siya habang inaalala ang maingat niyang pagplano ng lahat. Mula sa samurai at relo ni Lucas, sa mga impormasyong nakalap nila sa relo hanggang sa pagkamatay ni Lucas, planado niya ang lahat.