3 Summer of second year

Start from the beginning

"Oh no where'd the chocolate go?" Ash continued wheezing as strangled laughs escaped.

"Oh no!" Remus smiled at the girl, still doubled over.

An hour later Remus and Ash were standing over a tray of chocolate cookies. They had to break out the cocoa powder considering the lack of chocolate chips. Ash had never smiled wider and Remus had an inkling that the reason had something to do with him.

"I smell baked goods!" Sirius barges into the house, sweaty from quidditch but clearly not tired.

"I'm glad your nose works since your brain doesn't," Ash throws him a hot cookie which he tosses into the air a few times before blowing on it and other attempts at cooling it down.

Eventually he's able to put it into his mouth, "Thanks love. Tastes great."

Unfortunately Ash only hung out with them for a week before she was on her way to Marlene's with Lilly and Alice.

Regulus wrote her often but didn't see her all summer due to his mom.

With Ash out of the house the boys were finally able to talk about her.

"Reckon Ash has heart eyes for anyone?" Sirius brings up one day.

"She's too young," James dismisses.

"Same age as you and you're infatuated with Evans," Remus shrugs.

"Anyone would be lucky to have her," Peter adds.

"She's not exactly kind," Sirius scoffs.

"Doesn't need to be. She's the best person to be around, has her own way of kindness," Remus doesn't look up from his book.

"You interested in my baby sister Lupin?" James jokes.

"He ain't the only one," Sirius slaps James's back before running full sprint away from him and around the house.

Eventually James catches him and they laugh together on the ground. The girls were having a similar conversation at Marlene's.

"Lilly when are you going to admit you love James?" Alice asks.

"Never, cause I don't," Lilly answers simply.

"I don't know about that, but what about you Alice?"

"What about me, I've got a long-term boyfriend. Nothing exciting there," she shrugs.

"Marlene?"

"No body has caught my eye and certainly no boy," Marlene grins, "now for Ash."

"Any of the marauders caught your eye?" Lilly smirks.

"Besides youre brother."

"Obviously, he's Lilly's."

"And my brother," Ash smiles at the girls.

"What about Regulus?"

"He doesn't like me like that, neither do the marauders of course. Platonic all the way around," Ash say.

"I'd say Sirius isn't Platonic at all," Marlene smirks, "you have to admit he's a looker."

"Ash is too good for him," Lilly shakes her head, "besides if it was to be any of the marauders it would be Remus."

"And then there's the Prewitt. Fabian doesn't seem very platonic," Alice nudges Ash with her elbow.

"Did the asking me on a date give it away?" Ash raises a brow.

"Oh my Godric we forgot about that, how'd it go?" Lilly shreiks.

"It was kind of awkward and kind of weird but it must've gone well considering I've got a boyfriend now."

"How are we just learning about this? I think we listen to your yappidy voice enough to not miss such an important revelation," Marlene comments.

"Well he's only been my boyfriend for 3 months now," Ash shrugs.

"THREE MONTHS!? What are you talking about?" Lilly stands up.

"I swear this square doesn't tell us a thing," Marlene sighs in exasperation.

"It's not that big of a deal. We haven't even kissed. It feels like we're still just friends."

"Feels like your just friends huh, then he must barely even know you just like us," Marlene stands up.

"Well now you know, and if you're so interested I'll be sure to update you from now on."

"You make it sound like a monthly subscription," Lilly rolls her eyes.

"I shiver at the though of having to pay to hear Ash's annoying voice," Marlene glares, but it's clear she means it as a joke.

And after a week at Marlene's she was back at Hogwarts.