Chapter Ten

Sam, Bucky, and I stand together in silence as we wait for Steve to steal us a car, and a few minutes later, he returns with an old-fashioned Volkswagen Beetle in a dark shade of blue.

"I don't think you understand the concept of a getaway car," I tease as Steve slides out of the driver's seat.

"It's low profile," Steve defends.

I chuckle. "In the 60s, maybe."

Steve smirks before becoming serious. "I managed to contact Sharon. She's going to meet us with our gear. And Barton is on the way with reinforcements, we're going to meet them at the airport.

"Okay, good," I nod as we pile into the two-door vehicle, Steve and Sam in the front, Bucky and me in the back.

We drive a little way out of the city and under an overpass, parking behind a black Audi. Steve steps out of the car as Sharon gets out of hers, meeting between the two vehicles. Sharon opens the trunk of her car as Bucky shifts uncomfortably beside me.

"Can you move your seat up?" he asks Sam.

"No," Sam replies without hesitation, not bothering to glance back.

Bucky shifts again, sliding closer to me to give himself more room to stretch his legs out in the tiny vehicle. I can feel the heat radiating off his body, and I gently press my arm against his, pleasantly surprised when he doesn't move away.

We watch the conversation outside in silence, and Steve and Sharon glance over at the car as they talk, eyeing Bucky, before turning back to each other. A few moments later, Steve takes a step forward to kiss Sharon, and I look away with a smile, wanting to give my friend some privacy.

When Steve and Sharon finally pull apart, they exchange goodbyes before Sharon walks back to the driver's side of her car, a smile on her face. At the same time, Steve grabs our gear and closes the trunk, turning around to see the three of us watching him, smug smiles on our faces.

We enter the Leipzig/Halle Airport parking garage and drive up to the top level, parking the car a few spaces beside a white van, the only other vehicle on this level. We climb out as the blue-eyed, dirty-blond-haired Clint Barton slides out of the van to greet us, slowly followed by a woman with long, brown hair and emerald eyes. Much like my first encounter with T'Challa, this woman is familiar to me, but I can't seem to remember her name. Steve and Sam walk over to greet them, leaving Bucky and me standing next to the car.

"Cap," Barton says, shaking Steve's hand.

"You know I wouldn't have called if I had any other choice," Steve tells him, feeling guilty for dragging them into this.

"Hey, man, you're doing me a favour," Barton assures him. "Besides, I owe a debt."

"Thanks for having my back," Steve says, turning to the woman.

"It was time to get off my ass," she says with an accent.

Suddenly, it clicks, and I remember where I know this woman from, she's been in the news with the Avengers. I take a step forward to approach the group, glancing back at Bucky and indicating with my head for him to follow, but he shakes his head and lightly smiles, telling me that he's fine where he is.

Steve turns to me as I join them. "Y/n, this is—"

"Wanda Maximoff," I finish for him, facing Wanda.

"I've heard a lot about you," Wanda says to me. "It's nice to finally meet you."

I raise a brow at Steve, wondering what he's told her, before turning back to Wanda with a smile. "It's nice to meet you too."