I was sure I would burst out crying, so I did the coward thing and went around the back and sneaked in through the emergency exit with my I.D card, just to avoid him.

Even now I was incredibly attracted to him, just seeing him made my heart race, but I knew it wasn't real, it was just a spell to draw us closer together, and that's what a 'mate' was, it was almost like I was his soulmate, only it was more intense, so I read.

I know now I should've just stayed home and called in sick, I wasn't in my right mind coming here, trying to act like I wasn't ok, because I wasn't.

Thankfully only Tessa was in the changing rooms, she had been sick for the past few days, so this was the first time seeing her since then.

"Hey, you're here early." She said once she saw me, her black hair braided beautifully down her dark skin.

"Am I?" I smiled tiredly and opened my locker to put my stuff inside and get my uniform.

"Are you alright Aelia?" She asked, as I felt her hand on my shoulder, making me jump back and slam my locker as I backed away, my heart racing.

"S-Sorry, I'm just jumpy this morning." I laughed nervously as she frowns.

"Really? If you want to talk... you can talk to me, if you're going through something."

"No." I swallowed hard and smiled the best I could. "Honestly, I'm great, I just slept weird, you know how it is during the summer when you can't fall asleep."

"Oh, yeah I had the cold, so I know what you are saying girl." She laughed out.

"Well, I'll see you later, Aelia."

"Yeah, sure." I said as she left the locker room, waving at me before closing the door.

What the hell is wrong with me?

Once I got changed, I made my way towards pool 2, and as I came up on pool 1, I could hear faint sounds of what was going on inside, and I knew Damien was inside doing what he did, which I wasn't sure now if it was the full truth or not, was he an instructor?

I peeked inside just enough to see what was going on, I saw him in swim shorts, wet from the water as a line of men in rescue gear holding onto the edge of the pool with weight's attached to their body.

Almost like Damien could sense me, his eyes snapped to the door, I was just quick enough to duck and slip away and run down the hallway towards room 2, my heart almost leaping out of my chest.

God, why did I stop and watch him? What did I expect to happen? He's a werewolf and he probably can smell me or something from a mile away, so even if he didn't see me, he knew I was watching him, like a freaking crazy stalker.

I felt dizzy, and hot by the time I got to my class, today I had seven juniors from the ages of 11 to fourteen, and as much as I didn't want to be here, I always liked teaching kids this age how to swim, it helped that they kept my mind busy with their childish jokes and cheeky banter.

The lesson was over before I knew, time really flew by when I was around children, who made me feel better about myself when I knew I was doing something good, and helpful.

"Miss Aelia." A boy's voice makes me turn around, to see that it was Ryan, one of the fourteen-year old's.

"Is something wrong? I asked, looking at the boy who was as tall as me.

"I just wanted to say you looked pretty again today." He cheekily said. "Do you still not have a boyfriend?"

"Come on Ryan, you know you're too young for me." I laughed and started walking out the pool room, holding the door open for Ryan who was the last one out.