20- My Turn

A Couple Days After Chapter 19's Events.

|Hunter's POV|

I was sitting in the kitchen watching the news on Eda's crystal ball when I heard a loud explosion from outside. Instead of getting up and running out, I continued to sip on my apple blood. 

I knew exactly what was going on, Luz had found where Belos was keeping the portal and brought it back to the owl house. (Why they didn't just continue to work on it at the castle is beyond me.) 

Then a little while later I heard a door slam. and what sounded like steps quickly turned into tumbling out of my room. 

I got up to see what the noise was from when I saw Y/n leaning up against the door frame. 

"You know, desks should have more legroom. Specifically on the desk." She said like she was drunk as she started falling to the ground. I caught her and then gently laid her on the ground. "Y/n what is wrong with you?" 

She started reaching for my nose. "Hah! I got your nose!!" She looked really tired and out of it. "Y/n are you sick?" I asked. She squinted at me then slowly poked my forehead then burst into a fit of laughter. 

I sighed then picked her up and took her back into our room. I set her down on the bed and then grabbed a thermometer. I took her temperature, "156. Yep, you're sick." 

I walked out of the room and into the kitchen to look for some medicine. While I was digging through the cupboards I felt arms wrap around my neck. "Golideee~ what are you doing?" I sighed. 

"I'm looking for some medicine for you. Go back to bed." She then jumped up forcing me to give her a piggyback ride. "YIP YIP MY STEED!!" She yelled. "Y/n! You have to get some rest!" I carried her back to bed and laid her down, this time I wrapped her up in blankets so she couldn't escape. 

All of a sudden her eyes turned yellow, she didn't change how she was acting but I realized what sickness she had now. 

I ran to the kitchen and grabbed a messenger crow. "Darius!!! Y/n has Occurrit Illi!! What do I do?!?!" I heard a loud exhale then Darius spoke. "I'm on my way." 

"Hmm, yep she's got it bad." Y/n was now floating in the air with 2 socks on her hands, acting out a tragic love story between 2 kids from different families. "What can we do? Eda said we don't have anything to help it." 

"But Tony! I can't My father would never approve!!" Y/n yelled out. 

"You have to find the red spiked leaves from palm stings. They are most commonly found in the Red Man's cave." I nodded and grabbed my staff and started for the door. "Woah where are you going?" Darius asked. I pointed to the door. "To palm stings?" I asked him like it was a no-brainer. 

All of a sudden Y/n's voice rang out laughing. I looked to see her still floating, but now on the phone. "Ghooooost I'm boooored and Goldie keeps saying I'm sick with something called Occurrit Illi but I'm no- AHHHHH THERE'S SPIDERS EVERYWHERE!!" 

Great now she is hallucinating. 

All of a sudden someone bust in the door. "Y/n?!" The girl yelled. 

Great Ghost is here. 

It's not like I don't like her, I just get a bad feeling from her. Y/n told me they used to be together, and that rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. No, it's not jealousy... Ok maybe!

"Ghost? What are you doing here." I asked my tone changing to a more assertive tone. She started laughing and walking towards my bedroom. "Nice to see you too Hunter." She said as she passed me and made her way to Y/n's bedside.