15- Come Home

TW: Abuse and lots of blood

When Hunter pulled away from the hug he was crying, but he quickly wiped away his tears. I took my mask off and attached it to my belt. "D- Do you want to come inside?" Hunter said as he motioned towards The Owl House.

I nodded and followed him inside. we sat down on the couch, neither of us said a word. "Hunter I-" before I could continue he wrapped me in another hug. "Y/n I'm so so so sorry for leaving you. I had to. Belos would have killed me. Please please I need you to understand" 

I didn't hug him back yet I just sat there. With each second that passed his grip got tighter. My shirt started to get soggy. 

His crying caused me to cry and I slowly returned the hug. I buried my face in the crook of his neck and we just sat there for a second. I missed him, I really did. 

Maybe staying here with him wouldn't be so bad. But I had to answer to Belos, I had to I couldnt let him down. 

Hunter pulled away from the hug, his face stained with tears. "Y/n I missed you so much. But why now? Why randomly come back today?" 

"Belos-" I started but then stopped and thought for a second. Should I tell him? Maybe he will come willingly. I took a deep breathe then continued. "Belos sent me here to get you back to the castle. I won't take you unless you are willing to." 

"Y/n please try to understand he'll kill me. I heard some things I shouldn't have." 

"Hunter how do you know he'll kill you? He just sounds like a worried Uncle." 

"I just- He would always punish me whenever I acted out. If he doesnt kill me for over hearing the conversation he had about me, then he'll kill me for running away for 3 weeks. Plus I kinda... Like it here? Eda doesnt hurt me and Luz makes me feel like family. But I miss you. I miss you so much Y/n" 

"Hunter I miss you too" 

"Then come stay here with me! I'm sure Eda will be fine with it." 

I stood up and started walking to the door. "Hunter you know I cant do that right now. I'll keep in touch. I promise." 

I pulled out my staff and flew off towards the castle. I walked up to the castle doors and got my sigil check. I then walked into my room, and sat at my desk. A couple moments later I heard pounding on my door. I could tell by the height of where the knocking was coming from who it was.

"Go away. I'm not home!" 

I yelled snickering a little.

The little gremlin on the other side yelled back at me

"Yes you are, I heard you!" 

"No, you didn't this... This... is a recording" I said the last part in the best robotic voice I could come up with. 

"No it isn't" Kikimora said from the other side. 

"Yes it is. Watch this: Leave A Message BEEP" I put on my best robotic voice again when Kikimora kicked the door.

"OW! Fine!! Jeeze you never want to have any fun Kiki!" I opened the door and Kikimora looked like she was fuming at the ears.

"Belos wants to know if you found The Golden guard." she calmed down a little "I'll be happy to relay a message." she said with a smirk. Useually I wouldn't let her relay a message because I don't trust a single bone in her body, (especially after she let Hunter fall at the team building retreat last year) but im tired and I want to talk to Hunter. 

"Fine, I found him at the Owl House I was unsuccessful in catching him but I have contact with him. Tell Belos that I will catch him." Kikimora smiled satisfied and walked off.