Ardent (Pick/Rome)

Author's note: Part 12/?? Pick/Rome part-timers story. 

Pick was nervous. He arrived in front of Rome's apartment building, but he couldn't calm down. His heart was racing when he sent Rome a message he was waiting outside. He got a quick response, and now he was panicking even more. Taking a deep breath, he hopped out of the car, walked to the passenger side and waited. He made sure the top three buttons of his Hawaiian shirt were undone as his father suggested, hoping Rome would appreciate the view of his pale well-built chest. 

"P'Pick!" Rome's soft voice pulled him out of the thinking. He looked up, seeing the most beautiful sight. Rome's hair was neatly styled, looking more fluffy than before, and his oversized red sweater almost covered the white shorts. Pick's eyes scanned bare porcelain skin, his date was showing off, and he wanted to cover it so no one else could see it. 

"Hi, Rome. You look beautiful." Pick managed to say, opening the door for him and quickly pushing him inside before Rome could answer. He runs to the driver's seat and starts the engine, thinking. The first step, walking in the park, was ruined. There's no way he will let strangers ogling Rome's legs. 

"Where are we going, P'Pick?" Rome tilted his head curiously. 

"Suprise." Pick smiled, trying to hide his nervousness. He drow off with no destination, hoping something will pop up. 

"You are a veterinary student, right?" Rome opened the conversation, and Pick was glad the silence in the car didn't last long.

"Yes, I am ardent about animals. Do you like animals too, Rome?" He asked back. 

"I like them too. I had a puppy when I was small." 

"You are still small." Pick dared to tease him. 

"And cute." Rome grinned, and Pick couldn't only nod. 

"Like tiny kitten," Pick added, receiving a cute pout from his companion. And suddenly, he knew where to go. There was an animal shelter he volunteered at nearby. It seemed like a perfect place for a date with Rome.