Promenade (Khai/Third)

Author's note: Part 2/?? of Khai/Third  - Third's boyfriend - story. 

Third stood in front of the mirror, observing his face and trying to figure out what happened yesterday. Blinking a few times, he peeks at his phone lying carelessly on the table. The unanswered message from Un stood out among the other notifications, and he was reluctant to read it. He hesitated before he took the device and opened the text message from his new boyfriend. 

"Do you want me to pick you up? I know your car is broken." Third, beamed unintentionally. Un was attentive, unlike Khai. Maybe they could work out.

"It would be great." He sent an answer before walking to the living space to pick up his bag. 

"I am on my way." 

"I'll be waiting."

Third sighed. Talking to Un was easy, but he still didn't know if he was ready to promenade himself hand-in-hand with him in front of the whole campus. Closing his eyes for a brief second, Third tried to compose himself. His boyfriend will be there in a few minutes, and he didn't want to disappoint him. Locking his apartment, Third walked out of the building. He halted when his eyes landed on an unexpected person.

"Khai, what are you doing here?" Third asked, observing his best friend as he fixed his hair. 

"Oh, Third, you forgot? You promised to lend me your notes." Khai pouted. 

"I did?" Third, let out a wary laugh to mask his disappointment. His heart ached a little with crushed hope. There was no way Khai would come to pick him up. 

"Third," Khai whined. Third rolled his eyes, starting to roam through his backpack when the familiar white car approached them. He quickly pulled out thick sheets of paper, thrusting them into Khai's hand. 

"Hey, Third." Un climbed out of the vehicle and walked over to them. He eyed Khai, nodding slightly in greeting before gently placing his long arm around Third's waist. 

"What the fuck are you doing?" Khai shouted, startling them. They stared at each other for a moment before Un spoke up.

"Taking my boyfriend to the Uni." 

The expression on Khai's face was priceless. After years of heartache and ignorance from his best friend's side, Third finally felt satisfied. Maybe it wasn't that bad to have Un as his boyfriend.