13. Making A Comeback

Start from the beginning

"You boring piece of meat, of course she won't hang her degree midways, she can continue after the wedding right?" Her antenna was at Huda now, ignoring Ayzel's scrunched up expression as she took in another chunk of salty chips.

"Yes, Saalim's about to graduate already and he has plans of getting job here in Houston so, he says there's no problem with me studying here." Huda explained.

"Awww, Such a caring husband...!" Ezra couldn't get over with her teasings when Ayzel joined in with her neverending chants...

"Huda and Saalim, Huda and Saalim..."

Ezra barged in too and with swaying heads, both girls continued painting Huda's phiz with blushing colors. The chatty personality of Ezra had put a barricade to their call from ending any sooner as the dim modern lounge of Ayzel kept stuffing corks in it's ears in a futile attempt of joining slumber.

********

The Intercollegiate Sports Week was another event, occupying the limelights of student's attention in the university. A vast number of students were participated in the competition with a series of games, taking place on different days as per the dictated schedule. The preparations were running on peak, the participants wouldn't hesitate in swallowing their sleeps for practice.

Tonight was the turn of American Football and the tournament was organized in the University's football club. Ayzel was silently waiting among the audience which had just alighted from their university bus and now were standing outside the lavish Arena by the boulevard from where the participants were displaying their grandeur entry.

Ever since the horrific experience of concert, Ayzel had minimized attending night functions. Her sole reason of standing here was Hariz's insistence who himself was shackled by the request of his buddy to make sure of her presence. No doubt, Hariz spent a handsome amount of time in convincing and assuring Ayzel, even the seat of first row in the bus was reserved for her.

An ear splitting horn of bus captured everyone's attention as Ayzel's irises witnessed their black and red team bus, booming with music and cheers, skimming on the boulevard towards them. The players were jovially waving their hands to their audience from the window with Hariz being first in row; like usual.

The bus was successfully parked as the last in track earlier than all the players began hopping down. However, their show was sliced when another loud revving engine sound distracted the flashing cameras and blinking eyes.

Illuminated under the glimmering lights of boulevard and flashes, the metallic teal Camaro zoomed past the audience at breakneck speed as if adamant on crashing with the stadium. The head lights were perpetually blinking with the revving engine sound emitting at intervals.

The black asphalt was mercilessly screeched as the muscle car took a sharp turn and halted infront of their team with it's side facing them. Ayzel's mouth was left agaped as her vision took in the jauntily adorned Camaro.

In the midst of scintillating red L.E.D lights on tyres and side mirrors, was eminent the red hued stylishly shaped text of 'Iyaad' with 'Tariq' clung a little below to it's right. A flame was shown emitting from his name whereas the sport team's name had captivated the entire rear windshield. Topping it all with cherry, the red strips passing above the car finalized the look. Anyone envisioning this car would definitely assume it as a racing contestant... But it actually wasn't.

How much money do these rich brats spend on a mere tournament?!
She grisly thought.

Everyone's keen gaze was fixated on the car as the door flung open and the athletic form of Iyaad Tariq appeared out with a bright smile, cladded in black sports jacket and track pants with thick red strips crossing over his chest, arms and the sides of his trouser. Owning the prestige of being the Captain of team, his outfit was different from the players. In a trice, he was surrounded by his team before Ayzel saw him fist bumping and patting his mates.