(See, she will obviously shy away from you, any girl in her place would behave like this. But that doesn't mean you won't even try talking to her. Try befriend her, make her comfortable with your presence. She can not run away from you all life, she is just shy. You try to talk to her. And give her the bracelet by yourself.)

"Tum kehti ho toh theek hai." Rafey got a little confidence from Kubra's words, maybe she is right, he have to make efforts, and it can't be that hard right?

(If you say so.)

"Eh, lekin kahu kya ussey?" Before leaving, he asked.

(But what should I say to her?)

"Gana ga dena, tohfa tohfa tohfa, laya laya laya." Zara said, rolling her eyes.

"Zara!" Kubra looked at her disapprovingly. "Kehna yeh tum uske liye leke aye ho tumhe achha lagega agar woh isko pehnegi." Kubra's voice turned soft when she was talking to Rafey.

(Tell her that you bought it for her, and you will be happy if she wear it.)

"Okay! Thank you." Nodding his head, he happily left her room.

"Kya tareeqa hai, Zara? Tum ussey itna rude kyu rehti ho?" Kubra scolded her when Rafey left.

(What it is this behaviour, Zara? Why are you so rude to him?)

"Tum ussey itna un-rude kyu rehti ho?" Zara retorted.

(Why are you so un-rude to him?)

•••

Rafey made his way downstairs, and to his luck he found Uswa in living room, she was sitting alone in the corner of the room, looking around as if waiting for someone and also softly pressing her hand on her left foot. As Rafey looked at her feet, he saw it was red as if she has burned herself there. Before he could go to her and ask what happened, Hyra came to Uswa with ointment. Both girls were not ready for the function yet, both of them wearing their home attire.

"Lao paov lao apna, dawai laga doon. Tum bhi pata nahi kaha jal gayi." Sitting down beside Uswa, Hyra told her.

(Let me apply ointment to your feet, how did you got burn,)

"Aram se, Hyra, bohot takleef ho rahi hai..." Innocently, Uswa mumbles and showed her foot where she burned herself. Her eyes brimming with tears as Hyra applied ointment, she hissed.

(Please, be gentle, Hyra, it's hurting...)

"Takleef toh hogi na, pura pateela garam pani tumne apne uppar giraya hai."

(Of course it's hurting, you have dropped hot water on yourself.)

"Jaan ke toh nahi giraya na, pata nahi kaise mere hath se gir gaya woh." Uswa defended herself.

(I didn't dropped it intentionally. I don't know how it slipped from my hands.)

Both Uswa and Hyra were unaware of Rafey's eyes on them.

Why do they have to be together all the time? Rafey wondered.

Disheartened he was about to leave, maybe he will talk to her in function, if Hyra and her would be away from each other.

"Rafey?" Before he could leave, Hayder called him.

"Ji, bhai?" Turning to him, Rafey hide the gajra behind him and asked.

(Yes?)

"Kubra ko dekha hai? Ussey kaho mere aur Dawar ke liye chai bana de." Hayder told Rafey and left, didn't wait for his answer.