24. Memories pt 2: Gumiho?

Start from the beginning

"It's a humble spread but eats as much as you want." He says.

"By the way, Seon Woo. Mi Joo is such a tomboy. What do you like about her?" Minho asks him. "Don't say that you like everything about her. That's such a cliche. Why do you like her?"

"Well...She left a strong first impression on me. Right away, she said that we should go get married." He says and this caused Mi Joo to choke on her silvia.

"My gosh, you're really something." Her dad tells her.

"Mi Joo, what about you? What do you like about him?" Minho asks her.

"Are you losing your mind? Why must you ask such a question?" She asks him.

"I'm curious too." Seon Woo says. "I want to know how you've felt about me until now."

"The thing is... whatever, never mind. Let's just eat." She says before eating her food. For a moment there Hye Sun and Mi Young thought that she was going to confess the truth to everyone.

"It seems like you really should get married soon. I've never seen you get so shy." Her brother jokingly says and this causes Mi Joo to bang the table angrily.

"I told you! It's really not like that." Mi Joo whines.

"Goodness, you and your temper." Her dad tells her off.

After lunch, Hye Sun, Mi Young, and Minho were in the kitchen preparing some snacks for everyone.

"Hye Sun, you know them well, don't you?" Minho asks.

"What?" She asks nervously as she thought her was talking about Seon Woo and Mi Joo.

"Oh, the wine place. You said you're a regular." He tells her. "I should order some wine for the grand opening of my Dad's new restaurant."

"I think that sounds like a great idea," I tell him.

"Alright then. Oh, let's go serve the snacks and tea to everyone." He tells us and we left the kitchen. As we were walking towards Mi Joo's dad, we saw him looking at Seon Woo and Mi Joo from afar in their small garden.

"Dad, shall I tell them to come back inside?" He asks his dad.

"No, leave them alone. Don't ruin the mood." He tells his son and drags him away.

Meanwhile, both Hye Sun and Mi Young stayed behind a little to watch Mi Joo and Seon Woo talking to each other.

"You like him don't you?" Hye Sun asks Mi Young as she could see her fist clenching when she saw the two of them walking closely together.

"No," Mi Young says before walking away.

𓈒 𓆇 ˚🧚🏻‍♂️ ˳ .

"I'll drop the honorifics since we're the same age." Mi Joo tells Seon Woo. "What kind of scheme brings you here?"

"Me? I'm here to figure out your scheme." Seon Woo tells her. "What was your purpose behind starting this ruse? And what do you plan to do going forward?" As he was looking at Mi Joo's drawing, he suddenly came across a drawing of Mi Young. Seon Woo started smiling to himself as he traced his finger over the drawing.

Mi Joo quickly snatched the drawings away from him, "My purpose and plan? It's simple, I don't want to marry you. Go ahead and reject me." She tells him.