Chapter 42: Arrival

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry jaan! I'm so sorry. Bas thodi der aur, phir humare baache humare paas honge, humari baahon mein. Just a little longer, I know you are strong. So strong! Please meri jaan!"

(Just a little longer, then we'll have our babies here with us, in our arms.)

"She's ready for birth!" The elderly nurse calls before turning to Meera, "Meera sweetie, you need to push okay!"

After an hour of pushing and screaming, the nurse smiled up at the couple, "we can see the head of the first baby. You're doing great sweetie! Almost there and you'll have your first baby in your arms."

Very soon, Meera's grunts were mixed with the wailing of a baby. There was no sign of the other one yet, confirming that he or she would take some time to arrive. 

"It's a girl!" The nurse announced as she passed the baby to Meera for her skin-to-skin. Meera kissed her forehead as Shourya whispered, "Meesha."

(A/N I googled that Meesha means "a smile.")

Shourya helped bathe his daughter and dress her in the clothes they bought before gazing at her sleep.

Half an hour after the birth of his daughter, Meera began to feel the pain again and Shourya was next to his wife again. "Okay, baby number two is coming! Meera, sweetie, you're almost there, this will be easier!"

A few pushes later, the nurse held up their second baby before handing it gently over to the sweaty Meera, "It's a boy!"

"Vihaan," Meera whispered gazing at her husband as he leaned forward to leave a kiss on his son's forehead. After feeding, Meera hands Vihaan to his father, who helps bathe and dress him before laying him beside his sister. 

(A/N Vihaan means "dawn or sunrise.")

Soon after the new mother also found herself fast asleep after the tiring experience and Shourya walked out to their attached room, where Aarav and Riya were resting. He grabbed his phone and called home, knowing everyone must be awake and waiting. 

The commotion woke up Aarav and Riya, who were up and bubbling with excitement as Shourya tried to talk on the phone. 

"Did you hear that?! We have mini twins, like you and me!"

The next morning:

Shourya was caressing his daughter's head as Meera fed his son when a nurse came in to inform them of the arrival of their parents. Meera smiled as her mother and father as they came forward to ensure she was okay. Shourya smiled at his parents as he showed them their granddaughter. Rohini took a hold of Vihaan as Suraj patted his daughter's head. 

Soon enough the doctor came in and informed everyone that Meera and the kids could be taken home. At the mansion, there was a long line of people waiting to meet the newest members. 

Aarav, Riya and Muskaan played with Vihaan as Anushka, Virat and Rohan cooed at Meesha. Neel and dadi maa waited for their turns. Reema hesitantly sat next to Meera who smiled her way. 

"Aacha, abh bachon ko aapne kamre mein jaane do," Suman said letting the four upstairs go upstairs.

(Okay, now let the kids go upstairs.)

The next morning, Shourya came out of the bathroom and saw the mother of his children standing by their cot gazing lovingly at their babies. He hugged her from behind, leaving a kiss on her shoulder before joining her as they gazed at the blessings. 

"Zaada dekhen ge toh humari nazar lag jayegi." Meera whispered.

(If we keep looking, we may ward an evil eye on them.)

"Aesa kuch nahi hota. Agar zaada dekhne se nazar lag zati hai toh tumhe meri nazar kitna baar lag chuki hoti." Shourya mumbled back earning a light smack on his forearm. 

(It's nothing like that. If this was true then you would have been subject to my evil eye many times.)

)

Their quiet moment was interrupted by the three musketeers who were impatient to play with their niece and nephew. And soon, behind them Rohan followed through, scratching the back of his neck. He also wanted a turn, to gaze at the beautiful, angelic blessings God had sent in the form of children. 

Hi guys! 

So tell me what you thought! And this is the last chapter of KISMAT! 

After this, it's only the epilogue!

Just have some questions for you guys so I know where to go from here, please comment with your answer so it can guide me to improve:

Did you like the chapter? 

Which chapter was your favourite? And why?

Did you think the storyline was interesting? 

Was it engaging? 

Did you think maybe I dragged the story too much? 

Was there something I can do better? 

Was there anything I did amazingly?

Did I engage with my audience enough?

Lots of Love! And thank you, guys, so much for reading and giving me your support! 

See you in the last update of this story!