Chapter 37: Anniversary

A week after Shourya and Meera returned from France, they fell into the perfect pattern where both were back to work, and they would occasionally have lunch together at Meera's school if Shourya was free from meeting that day. Meera had introduced him to all her students and they seemed to adore her husband. 

Raj and Neel would stay home more often and work from home. With Shourya and Rohan taking care of the businesses, all they really had to do was guide them when needed. This way Raj was able to give his wife all the time she wanted. And Neel was finally able to focus on himself, do the things he never could because he always put Reema and Rohan's needs first. 

Neel had always loved exercising, going on hikes, rock climbing and doing some dirty work outdoors. But Reema never really liked it, she always liked him to be dressed well, be proper and behave a certain way. So over the years, out of love for his wife, Neel moulded himself into her ideal husband. 

But now that he had finally broken out of that mess, he can be himself again. Do things for himself, and be happy for himself.  And sometimes, Rohan would also join him, sometimes even the twins and Muskaan would come along. 

Muskaan, Virat and Anushka had eventually forgiven Rohan, they could see the change in him and when he went to their home to give a sincere apology, the Rao's couldn't help but melt. As for Reema, she had fallen into a pattern of joining everyone for thier meals and family time, but had to deal with her husband and son being complete strangers to her. Rohan would sometimes come to her room when she was not present and leave some cash or a saree for her if she needs. But that was about it. 

Other than Rohan and Neel, everyone in the family had slowly forgiven Reema and moved on and were always inclusive of Reema. Just like today, Sunita Devi helped Reema pick out a saree for tonight. It was Shourya and Meera's first wedding anniversary, and as per the couple's request, it was just going to be a family gathering, having fun and eating takeout from their favourite dhaba.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Shourya! Thank you so much! I know ki aap sab ek badi party chahte the, but pata nahi kyun mera dil hi nahi krta. It would have been so tiring. I just want to spend time with my husband and our family."

(I know that you guys wanted a bigger party, but I don't know why I just don't feel like it.)

Shourya gazes at his beautiful wife, who was dressed in a beautiful black saree, her hair slick back into a tight bun with two red roses. As the vent was only family, they had decided not to dress up too much. But just enough for cute Instagram posts.