Chapter 22: Mehndi and Haldi

It was the Mehendi function today, which means Meera is going to come face to face with Shourya. It would be the first time she's seeing him after he told her that he loved her. She was so embarrassed thinking of that night, once he told her she felt like time had stopped and it was just the two of them.

And obviously, she ended up being covered in her blush, she looked down and no matter what Shourya would do, she just wouldn't look up. Overwhelmed by the confession, Meera had ended up hugging Shourya, arms around his waist, face buried in his chest. They stayed like that for a while.

"Meera! Are you ready?" Virat calls, taking her out of her dreamland.

"Yes bhai, bas abhi aayi!"

(Yes brother, I'm just coming!)

.

.

.

.

.

.

Meera was seated on the large swing decorated with flowers. She had two mehendi artists working on her hands and feet, decorating her with various different patterns and motifs. She watches her fiancé getting teased by Virat and Anushka. Her brother had a comedic side to him that comes out once in a while and it looks like today was one of those days.

Meera's thoughts wandered back to their sangeet night, she hadn't spoken to Shourya since then. He loves her. She blushes at the memory of his confession. She had fallen in love with him too. She knows that, all she thinks about is him. There's no one else in this world like him. He's everything to her.

But how will she tell him, she wants him to know she feels the same way but is too shy to even fathom the thought of vocalising her feelings. Meera gazes down at her left palm, the artist was hiding Shourya's name near the peacock made on the corner of her palm. And just like that, she got an idea as to how she would express her feelings.

Meera's eyes look around to confirm no one is nearby before she leans down to the artist to make a request.

"Ummm excuse me, can I ask for a favour please?"

"Of course! What can I do for you?"
"Ummm, can you please, ah, write something for me on my ring ringer?"

"Sure, what do you want to write?"
"Ummm, I- well. Can you please write ah. . . . I . . uh. I love you. Please?"
"Of course."
"But really small, so no one can see unless I point it out."

"Okay."
The artist smiles at the blushing bride before fulfilling her request.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Suna hai ki mehendi ka raang jitna gehra hota hai, pati utna hi zaada pyaar krta hai!" Virat teases, winking at the chuckling Muskaan.

(I've heard that the deeper the colour of the mehendi, the more your husband loves you!)

"Aachaji, toh yeh kya hai?" Anushka shows him her hands. Muskaan's laughter grew louder at that. The women had just washed their hands so their mehendi stain was not too deep yet. Meera, however, had not washed her hands yet.

(Oh really, then what is this?)

The couple were seated on the swings together taking on the teasing, they had been teased all day. They were being teased when the artist said she had hidden Shourya's name on Meera's hand, they were being teased when Shourya was feeding Meera when he was fanning Meera to reduce the heat for her, they were teased when he would move strands of hair out of her eyes, even when he would go over to make sure she's okay.