Chapter 19: Sightseeing Part 1

It was early morning; they had gotten to their village which is located near Udaipur 2 days ago and spent that time taking rest and settling into their respective homes. But today the 18-year-old trio (Aarav, Riya and Muskaan) were eager to get sightseeing.

The elders had decided to stay home and prepare for the wedding, therefore the people out sightseeing were Rohan, Priya, Virat, Anushka, Jai, Muskaan, Aarav, Riya, Meera and Shourya. They ended up splitting up a little when they got to the attraction, Jai was keeping Meera busy with his blabbering.

Just as she was showing him the carved elephant on the wall of the palace, someone sneaks up to her from behind putting a hand on her shoulder. Her shoulder tingles as if giving her a warning. She turns around to come face to face with Rohan.

"Hi Meera," he says as Meera removes his hand from her shoulder.

"Hi Rohan," she replies politely before putting Jai down. He runs off to find his dad.

"I should go after him," she says as she tries to move past him, but he grabs her hand stopping her from moving.

"Ro-Rohan, let go!" She stutters, looking around. She can't see anyone nearby.

"I just want to talk," Rohan says before moving closer. Too close for her liking.

"Rohan, let go of my hand." He presses harder.

"Ah, let-let go, you're hut-hurting me!" Meera whimpers.

"Relax Meera. I just want to work out what it is that Shourya sees in you that I didn't, what everyone seems to see in you but I can't." He pulls her close, assessing her face.

"Y-you d-don't need to see anything n-now! P-please ju-just get your hands off m-me!" Meera trembles as she watches his eyes close and he moves his face closer to her neck, she shrieks when his nose touches her neck, and she lets her instincts take over. Pushing him as hard as she could, catching him off guard. She bites the hand holding her wrist and runs off.

She runs off to find someone and the first person she sees is Shourya. She runs towards him and as if he could sense her coming towards him, he turns.

"Shourya!" Meera screams as she crashes into him, letting his muscular arms steady her.

"Meera, wha-?" He lets her cling onto him, her arms around his torso, squeezing for dear life, eyes shut tight. He reciprocated the action, wrapping his arms around her and giving her small squeezes. After a minute, he pulls away ever so slightly.

He observes her; slightly trembling, puffing eyes, red nose, flushed cheeks and breathing heavy. He starts to panic at the sight of her.

"Meera, tell me what happened. Tell me and I'll make it better." She looks up at him, tears start to flow again. His heart sinks at the sight.

"Meera baby, you're scaring me! What happened?"

Meera points in the direction she came from. "woh, mein- Jai."

(There, I- Jai.)

"Jai? Did something happen to him? He was just here with Anushka Bhabhi!"

"No, I was with him. . . . When Ro-Ro-Rohan. . . ."

Rohan. Shourya nods his head, wanting her to continue. He doesn't want to scare her any more.

"He ca-came out of no-nowhere and and he he-ld my hand." She points to her wrist. "And he said some stuff, and he he was s-so cl-close to me."

Shourya's grip tightens. 

"He touched me! I didn't like it,I . . . .I ran away, it was gr-gross."
Meera starts to shake and breathe heavily again so Shourya didn't press for more details but he got the idea.

"Shhhhhh, shhhhhhh. No. Don't cry, sweetheart. My heart can't bear it." Shourya whispers. He walks her over to a nearby store to get her water. Once he's made her drink it, he sits her down on a bench and helps her calm down.

"I'll take care of it, Meera, okay. Do you want me to take you home?" Meera looks around, it was beautiful here and the twins had a lot more planned. She didn't want to miss it, so she shook her head.

"No. I was excited about everything planned today." Shourya nods his head and gives her a smile. He waits until she's ready before continuing their sightseeing.

As he was waiting he realised.

She said my name for the first time. 

And once she was calm, she realised.

Meera baby. . . . .Sweetheart. My heart can't bear it.

Shourya told Meera to stay with someone at all times and not wander around alone whilst he goes to talk to Rohan. Shourya finds him leaning against a pillar, cigarette lit, hanging off of his lips. He turns to face Shourya, standing up straight. His lips turn into a smirk as he takes the cigarette out of his mouth. Shourya's mouth is set in a thin, straight line as he glares at his cousin.

"Stay away, Rohan."

"Oh, so she came running to you? Well if you want me to stay away, then make me."

"I will if I need to. And you know that. But I'm giving you a chance to rectify your actions. It's your one and only chance."

Shourya's tone is low and dangerous. He's not bluffing.

Rohan snickers.

"Did she tell you I held her hand?"

Shourya's eyes darken.

"Did she tell you how close I was to her?"

His jaw clenches.

"Did she tell you my mouth was inches away from her neck?"

His fist curls into a fist.

Before Rohan could utter another word there was a loud crackling sound. It came from the bone in his nose breaking as Shourya pulls his fist back, and Rohan stumbled back holding his nose.

"That's my fiancée you're talking about. Mine. And I don't like filthy pests talking about what's mine."

Rohan crumbles back into a corner, as Shourya steps closer. Crushing the cheap cigarette under his expensive shoe.

"This is your first and last warning. I swear to God Rohan, if I see you wandering near her I'll have you finished. Brother or not. And you know I don't joke around."

Soooo!!! What do you guys think? 

I don't like Rohan, like dude you married another girl and basically rejected our Meera and now you're all up in her personal space! Back up mate. 

Thank you guys for reading! See you guys next time.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.