fourteen

_____________________________________

Did Clarke seriously ever say sex was bad?

Fuck.

She's laying inbetween crumpled and stained sheets, her thighs spread apart by Lexa's hands. Lexa's tongue is buried inside her and Clarke is glad she only has neighbors downstairs. Her body is spasming, her hips bucking, held loosely by Lexa as she carries Clarke through her third orgasm. For a moment, the world seems to still, Clarke's body to shatter, to fall apart in Lexa's arms as Clarke waits for Lexa to pick up the pieces and glue them back together with a kiss.

Clarke thinks she must've dozed off after Lexa drained everything from her body. She notices the woman coming back up with a wetly gleaming chin and dripping lips, giving Clarke a sweet kiss on the lips, then her cheek and after that, Clarke falls asleep.

Lexa doesn't wake her. She herself is sated to the marrow of her bones, in need of a break, in need to take in this moment and the reality that yes, this is Clarke, naked, next to Lexa in her bed, giving Lexa all of her trust and softness.

Clarke is breathtakingly beautiful. Dazzling. So gentle, so lovely, so radiant. Lollipop red stains adorn the graceful curve of her neck, her cushion-soft, lush breasts, the pale insides of her thighs. Her hair looks an angelic golden now, smooth but messy, framing Clarke's sleeping face and the pillow.

The rosy pink hasn't disappeared from her cheeks and the bridge of her nose yet, her lips are still a little swollen from all the kisses.

Oh, how Lexa wishes she could paint now. What she would give to keep this moment forever on a canvas.

It takes her a moment to notice how her heart is already expanding to give this moment space inside, locking it away and throwing the key far away into the depths of her admiration for Clarke.

Careful not to wake Clarke, she covers them with the blanket and snakes an arm over Clarke's bare stomach, snuggling closer just a little. Clarke hums in her sleep and subconsciously turns to face Lexa, their legs entangling, Clarke's head tucking itself into Lexa's embrace.

Only moments later, Lexa is asleep too.

-

When Lexa wakes up, Clarke is still in her arms and the other way around. Still, the woman's breathing rhythm has changed, her chest rises and falls less regularly.

She's awake.

The nickname "Baby," slips past Lexa's lips before she can stop it. It's a soft murmur, like when Clarke's fingers had brought Lexa to the brink of bliss, now less breathless, more innocent.

It brings a subtle pink to Clarke's cheeks. "Hi."

"Hi back. How are you?"

"Starving."

Lexa chuckles. "Would you like some takeout? I don't know about you, but I don't feel much like cooking right now."

"I would love to. My phone is in the living room, let me get it-"

"No, stay, I'll get mine," Lexa interferes and with a soft peck to Clarke's lips, she leaves the bed. They find out that they both like the same Chinese restaurant not far away, so Lexa calls and orders, then gets back into bed.

Clarke's fingers thread into her hair gently and hesitantly, she presses a kiss to Lexa's forehead. "Thank you."

"Not a problem."

"No, I mean for everything."

Lexa looks up at her and raises an eyebrow teasingly. "Did I prove my point, though?"