Chapter 6 The Lost Boy

Start from the beginning

                   Jake arrived back at an abandoned shed came, he thought  the group was searching for Matty. Jake made himself useful, he added branches to the fire. He picked fruit and gathered vegetables. He gathered eggs, fed and watered the chickens. As he chopped vegetables, adding water to the pot, he realized the group, left before making breakfast. No matter, they would return to a hot dinner.
    Jess was hungry enough to eat her shoe," we have walked all day, my belly has been growling for the past two hours. Why is a self proclaimed genius, not smart enough to bring any food.?"
     Sara's feet ached, " could it be the map, is smaller than the actual distance? I will have blisters before we get there. "
     Amy refused to complain, " suck it up butter cup. Imagine how tired that little boy must be, not to mention that little dog. I just know he's crying, it breaks my heart. "
           The twins went ahead scouting, for what they didn't know. Number one ordered them, better known as Amy.
     Alex went to his right, looking for a bare spot to pee, " hey Sammy, there is a bush over here, I think it's berries. "
     Sammy ran the short distance, " those are wild black berries. He picked them as fast as he could eat them."
     Alex zipped his shorts, " you could give a little warning bro. "
He began eating berries, like he hadn't ate all day, which he hadn't.
             The twins waited for the other, sitting on the ground.
     Sara laughed," why are you mouths and fingers purple? "
     Amy bent over, grabbing Alex's neck with both hands," if you don't tell me Alex Pratt, where you got those black berries, I will choke you to death."
     Sammy grabbed her wrists, releasing her death hold on his brother, " chill number one, there are plenty more. Follow me ladies, and Lenerd. "The group ate until they were full.
     Chance sat down tired and defeated," I'm sure we're on the right track, it would take longer to return, than forging ahead. I say, we make camp here for the night. There are plenty of berries left for breakfast. The map shows water, once we reach it, we're nearly there."
     Sammy held out his hand," give me the matches Lenerd, I'll make a fire. "
    A look of dread came over Lenerd's face," I forgot the matches, I guess I'm Chance. "
    Sammy unzipped the back pack, " I'm not a genius, but I hate being cold. " he removed a hand full of matches, and a small machete.
    Jake went to sleep all alone, his brain imagine all sorts of horrific things. It was scary being all alone, more so since darkness fell. There was no note left for him, not by Matty or shed group. What ever happened to the boy, surely happened, to the other campers in his group.
     Closing his eyes, his mind went to Steve, not the guy he now was, but their night in the tent. Thinking of the soft lips, and tender embrace, forced away all of his fear. Sleep came as easily as breathing.
     The group woke just before dawn, cuddling did little for warmth, laying on the cold ground. As soon as the sun rose, bladders were emptied and berries were eaten. Chance led the way, his number one at his side. Sara and Jess walked behind them, the twins protected the rear of the group.
           Two turns, and four hours later, a river was ahead of them. A crude rope bridge, with Wooden planks, connected both sides of the river.
     Chance crossed first, his number one behind him. Sara and Jess slowly crossed, clutching the rope. Alex and Sammy had no fear, purposely making the bridge sway, while crossing. Once across the bridge, there was a clear path.
     Chance looked at the map twice," the X is close, I know it. "
They walked up hill, at the top they saw it. A large area, with a metal fence and gate. Chance opened the gate, the group followed him inside. There was a huge house, with a beautiful covered porch. The yard was landscaped, with tropical flowers. Chance dared to open the shut door, the others right behind him, as he entered.
     There was music coming from the other room, they followed the sound. The massive kitchen island, was full of plates, with many types of food. There was a huge chest of ice, filled with soda, and bottled water. There was a large table, with seven plates, napkins, cutlery and glasses.
     Captain Lopez stood clapping his hands," congratulations, you graduated island camp. You found the map, followed it, to save the boy. You are not the kids who came here, you will leave here young adults.
     Cat fumed, " where is Matty? I want to see him."
     Captain Lopez raised his voice," Megel come here! " Matty came from the other room, his head hung low in shame.
     Captain Lopez introduced the boy, " this is my son Megel, he has been helping campers adjust, for the past three years. He is not twelve, he is ten. His name is not Matty, the dog is not his, it is trained for campers  needs.
     We placed an add in many newspapers, out of control camp. Your parent or parents responded, we communicated by email. We chose teens, based on the information, we sent forms, your guardians signed a release."
     "Phase two, bade influences, Your parents sent us one, of your bad influences. To our surprise, you didn't revert back, to bad behavior."
     " Eat and drink your camp experience is over, you're going back home."
           Sammy punched the wall," see that hole in the wall, it should have been your face. You destroyed our friendships, and the trust we had in our parents. "
     Alex was repulsed, " we were so worried about that kid, we could have all died, trying to find him."
     Chance posed the obvious question, " what about their friends on the beach, and my cousin? What about Jake, who we left alone, at shed camp? We can leave, but what about them?"
     Captain Lopez smiled, " their parents all signed releases, like your parents did. Until they succeed, they remain in our care. "
     Sara cried, " Jake is one of us, he deserves to go home."
     Captain Lopez sipped his tea," Jake is the one disappointment in your group, my dear. Until he is openly honest about his feelings, he hasn't grown up at all."
     Jess stomped her foot, " we will go back to shed camp, we won't abandon Jake. "
      Captain Lopez spoke calmly, " I'm sure you all would go back, which proves how much you have matured. The gate you entered through, was locked behind you, there is no way back."
     Megel forced himself to speak," I'm truly sorry I tricked you all, I had to make sure you all survived. Do what my dad says, or the men outside that metal fence, will force you to obey. "
     " I know your hungry and thirsty, please eat and drink. Then we will go out back, get in to the helicopter, and leave this
island. When you get home, you can tell your parents, about what happened. "
         The teens got the boys message loud and clear, there only chance, of rescuing Jake and their friends, was from home.
     The food was so delicious, and the drinks so cold, the teens  over indulged. Forty minutes later, the sedatives had done there work. Megel hated this part the most, he betrayed them yet again. They would wake up in eight hours, on a ship, safe and sound. The video would show them getting tired, laying down, and falling asleep.