𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: finale

finale

ONE YEAR LATER

"I love it!"

Law smiled at his happy customer, the guy couldn't stop looking at his arm in the mirror. He was always pleased whenever a customer was filled with joy and satisfaction with his tattoos. He loved his job and he loved his customers. He looked at the wall of photos he had framed. It was photos of all his tattoo designs and previous customers.

However, he kept the red dragon tattoo high up.

"Come back another time if you want me to tattoo your right arm." Law suggested and shook the guy's hand goodbye.

He began cleaning his equipment and setting up new ones for his next customer. Today seemed like a perfect day. For some odd reason, he had a feeling it was going to be good, that everything was going his way, and that nothing could stop the happiness flowing through him.

The door rang.

"How's it been Law?"

He turned around and saw Nami, they both smiled at each other.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I came to get a tattoo." She grinned, "You're the best in the neighborhood."

"City." He corrected.

"Oh, please forgive me." She joked.

She sat down in the chair and pulled up her sleeve, she showed him a picture of the tattoo she had wanted. It looked like an "S" with a tangerine dangling from the top and a curve in the middle. He slowly started to sketch the tattoo before he made it.

"How are you and Sanji?" Law asked.

"We're doing really good, he's an amazing cook. He brings me breakfast every day whenever he comes over." She smiled thinking about it, "He loves buying so many expensive bags for me too."

"He sounds like a good man."

She softly spoke, "He is a good man."

Two years ago, when Nami and Law had broken up. At first, it was awkward coming across each other on the streets, accidentally coming to the cafe at the same time, and when Law had to move his belongings out of Nami's salon. However, the two have blossomed into becoming good friends.

Granted, it took a while for them to get used to each other as friends considering they dated for three years. But they came to the realization they had a lot in common and were only compatible platonically. Which the two became completely fine with. Both actually enjoyed talking together and making jokes.

Nami found someone herself, of course, she was able to. She was her usual independent and strong self. She and Sanji began dating a few months ago, but it feels like years they've known each other from how well they get along. They're both considering moving in with each other, despite them only dating for less than a year.

They both complement each other nicely.

Law truly was happy for them, he's happy she got what he couldn't give her when they were in a relationship. In the end, both got what they wanted. A satisfying ending for the two of them. Law found his own happiness in his work and himself during the time he spent alone.

He liked it, not loved.

There were times when he grew lonely. Waking up in an empty bed that held no one but himself. Whenever he ate alone, shopped for groceries, or even just walked to his car. Perhaps that's why he stopped going to restaurants, he'll just be eating alone at a table for one. There was this looming weight that fell over him. Something he couldn't easily shake off.