𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎: waiting

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎:

A FEW MONTHS LATER

"Why do you keep looking at the door whenever someone enters?"

"What?!" Luffy blushed

Sabo gave him a suspicious look, "Is there someone you're seeing?"

"N-No! No way at all!"

"Are you sure? Listen, Lu, I don't want you going out with any more troublesome guys, and if this new man tries to do anything—"

"I know! I get it! Just get off my back will you."
Sabo groaned, "Ugh, what would Ace think of this?"

Luffy paused, "Well he can't. He's gone."

Sabo always likes to pull the "what would Ace" card. It's so annoying every time he does it like he's trying to make Luffy feel guilty about doing something bad. Besides it's not like he'll ever find that mystery guy again, he hasn't shown up since that day.

"I'm going out to lunch with Nami." Luffy took off his apron.

"Alright..." Sabo looked at him meaningfully, "I'll extend your break, just come back before sunset."

Luffy hugged his older brother, "Thank you!"

He dashed out the door and grabbed the keys to his car. Nami lived across the city so they only saw each other once a week for their weekly hangout. She was his best friend, his partner in crime practically. He'd rather die than live a life without her, she's important to him. In a totally platonic way because there is no way in hell he'd date her, besides he's gay anyway.

***

"Took you long enough." Nami laughed.

"Sorry, traffic." Luffy panted and sat down next to her in the bar they were at.

She had already ordered their drinks, "So, no luck finding your soulmate?"

"Nope, it's been months and he still hasn't shown his face to the café again!" He groaned.

"Well, I'm sure there are better-looking and more amazing guys in the area anyways. Maybe it's just not meant to be."

"Of course, it's meant to be! There's no way I can possibly describe the feeling I felt when I met those gorgeous golden eyes."

"If it was meant to be then you'd see him again, or he would've taken the time to get your name and number."

She was right, Nami was always right, that's something Luffy both hated and loved. - Nami had always been independent and smart, she was realistic and gave tough love. She wasn't someone you could step on, she takes what she wants. However, it's one of the flaws Luffy hated.

Well, not hated, but felt envious of.

He wished he could be as confident as she is. She's beautiful, everyone looked at her wherever they went. She had long healthy wavy ginger hair, a tall lean body, and a beautiful face with pale skin. Usually, someone as star-striking as her would make him feel like the ugly duckling next to the beautiful swan, but Nami is just charismatic.

She has a charm that makes you feel loved and welcome that you can't even be mad at her for being a better person.

"Holy shit is that him?" She asked.

Luffy turned his head to a guy who had wavy black hair just like golden guy, he was wearing a white baseball cap too. Could it really be him?! Luffy's heart began to race as the man sat down, but once he took off the cap he looked nothing like him. He had blue eyes and a completely different face.

"Nope... not him." He sighed

Their drinks came and Luffy automatically swallowed it whole in one go.

"Damn, shouldn't you calm down it's only noon."

"What it's not like golden boy is here."

"You know what you need? A cheering up!"

"I don't know how anything can cheer me up..."

"Come on Luffy! This is our favorite bar, remember the memories here?"

Luffy laughed, "That time you got so drunk you threw up all over that waiter?"

"Shut up! Remember when you had diarrhea from food poisoning!"

"Shh! Shh!" He cackled.

"Poopy Luffy I called you!"

"Okay! Okay! Enough!" He couldn't stop laughing.

"There's much more boys out there other than bus boy." She took a sip of her drink, "Why not Zoro?"

"You know what happened last time we got together. It was a disaster, a really horrible one." He rubbed his head remembering.

"Yeah, yeah, but you don't talk to any other guys."

Nami had always been Luffy's matchmaker, after all, she's the reason how Zoro and Luffy met. When they broke up Nami automatically went on the hunt for more men for her best friend. Setting him up with countless guys until Luffy had enough of it. All the guys she'd introduce would be too annoying, clingy, boring, or weird.

He knows she means well, but he just didn't feel a spark with any of them. Not until he met golden boy, his beautiful eyes. The stranger's eyes were Luffy's favorite feature if you couldn't already tell. Even though Luffy hated love or thought it was unreal a piece of him did want that slice-of-life romance story where the main character falls in love and gets a happy ending even though the story was filled with angst, hurt, and sorrow.

He wanted that excitement and thought he could get it with golden boy. Who even knows what he's like, he could have a girlfriend or even be married. About ten percent of Luffy feels hesitant about being in love with golden boy considering he has only known him for like seven minutes of his life. But those seven minutes felt like seven decades.

Honestly the hopeless romantic is getting the best of him.

Praying that golden boy is out there searching for him too as he waits for his prince to arrive yet again. Somedays he gets thoughts that maybe it was one-sided and he's just romanticizing the whole thing, only a silly little encounter. The majority of him believes it's destiny for them to meet again.

"Come on! Let's go dance!"

"What no! You know I'm not a dancer." He waved his hand away.

"Fine, suit yourself." She smiled.

She went over to the old 60's jukebox the place had and put in a quarter. She picked their all-time favorite song, Luffy had already known what kind of sick and twisted idea she had. She smiled and reeled him in with the imaginary fishing rod motion she did.

"No way in hell, people are already staring!" He strongly whispered.

"I know my little Lu Lu doesn't care if a few people stare!" She grabbed his hands and started spinning him around.

"Whoa, whoa, you're playing with fire right now spinning a drunk like me." He laughed.

"Come on! Let's do our favorite choreography!"

They laughed as they danced like a bunch of mindless idiots. Not caring if the whole bar stared at their drunk selves, Nami never cared anyway. She was her, nothing could change that. Luffy on the other hand always cares about others and their opinions, however when he's with Nami he could never say no to her. When Nami wants something Luffy lets her get it.

That's how strong their bond is.