forty-four.

Police Station Pt.2

~~~~~

"you should find better role models, sweetheart!"

~~~~~

Hope was beginning to hate Beacon Hills.

She didn't like most of the people. She didn't like being away from her family. She didn't like having to go to school. She didn't like pretending to be someone she wasn't. She didn't like that she had to hide everything from the people that called her a friend. She didn't like that she had to hide the same things from her boyfriend. She didn't like that all her childhood friends had gotten wrapped up into the supernatural drama.

But there was something she hated.

One thing she absolutely hated.

Hope hated that she had to put on a show—she had to be weak.

She had to act as if she didn't have the power to destroy the world just buzzing beneath her skin, waiting to break free—waiting to be let out. And time and time again, when she lost her emotions, she saw it all slipping.

All the hard work she had put in to keep up her façade was always being put in jeopardy.

Hope could have killed Peter when he was the Alpha. She could have ended his life with a few words from her lips, but she didn't.

She had an emotional attachment to the man.

She couldn't hurt someone that she cared for.

She just couldn't.

Hope could have taken out Derek the first time that he antagonized her, but she didn't.

She didn't want Derek to piece it all together.

She didn't want him to find out that she was a wolf just like her mother and just like her father.

It wasn't something that she could allow to happen.

Hope could have killed the Kanima the first time she came face to face with it at the school's pool, but she didn't.

She went and helped Stiles, Derek, and Levi.

Hope could have killed Matt every single time that he touched her or stopped her or even came close to her, but she didn't.

She didn't even know why she didn't.