thirty-one.

The Envious & The Broken

~~~~~

"they thought she was perfect, but deep inside, she was just broken

"they thought she was perfect, but deep inside, she was just broken."

~~~~~

It was late at night. The wind blew past Hope with a slight whistle, her hair blowing along with it. The moon shone brightly in the sky, illuminating the small little playground she sat at.

Hope's hands were wrapped around rusted, cool metal chains. She pushed her feet against the worn down wood chips beneath her before lifting them up, allowing the swing to slowly sway back and forth. The wind picked up speed on her way down before the swing would slow to a stop and she would repeat the steps all over again.

Hope pulled her phone out of her jacket pocket once she got to the bottom once more. She turned it on to look at the time and sighed in disappointment.

Earlier that night when she had gotten home, Isaac had texted after he had heard what happened at the school with the Kanima. He had told her he wanted to meet up so they could talk, telling her that he was worried about her and he wanted to make amends.

Hope agreed, though reluctantly. She wanted to give him a second chance, knowing that Derek was a controlling Alpha. She did, however, believe that if he had truly wanted to make it work, he would've defied Derek, but she also knew he was probably scared of defying his Alpha.

So here she sat, in a playground, late at night, waiting for him to show up.

But time was passing quickly and he was still yet to appear.

Hope sighed, stuffing her phone back into her pocket. She bit the inside of her cheek as she looked around the playground once more.

Maybe she should've listened to Levi and stayed home.

Hope removed her other hand from the chain that was attached to the swing. She then pushed herself up off it, listening to the wood shift beneath her thick, black combat boots.

"Well, this was a waste of time," She murmured to herself, quietly.

It was an odd habit she had taken up—talking to herself; however, it did pose helpful in some situations. When she was working through magical spells, when she was alone, or when she was trying to talk herself out of problems and issues that arose.

One of those times being now.

Hope began to walk off. She got a few steps away from the swing set before she turned around with a hopeful look. She glanced around the playground and surrounding area, checking one last time to see if Isaac was going to show.