They think they're doing the right thing but what my parents don't see is that they're doing it all over again hurting me like they did when I was a little boy. I'll admit, the mafia has made me stronger but the more I hear about their games, everything is slowly becoming weak.

"I get the money, the luxuries, the man, what do I have to worry about?" Amira locked eyes with me, the smirk on her face was only infuriating me, her laugh was of devil like plans, and it made it so hard to guess what her next steps were.

"It's a win-win situation for all of us, I guess! We get his company, you get his money, and he gets nothing in return." I hate that I still must call him father because he's nowhere near what a father should be. They knew I couldn't involve the mafia in this, if I did then they'd turn me into the police.

I feel defeated. Damage to myself, to my brain and the longer this goes on, the longer it's going to take for me to heal. It felt like I was beaten up, beaten up by their words, their manipulation in twisting my brain.

"You've lost everything, Elijah." My jaw locks together as I glare eyes at him. He was nothing to me anymore. He destroyed my life from a young age, and he won't stop until I destroy him. "I'm disappointed in you. Always have been and always will be. You don't deserve to be called my son. In fact, I never considered you as my son in the beginning."

My body almost stopped working. My heart stopped beating. Everything felt constricted. All those memories came flooding inthe way my so called mother treated me, the way he treated me as if I was something, not someone, but worthless.

Squeezing my eyes shut, I felt a push to my chest and the next thing I know, I was pushed against the wall. Sucking my breath in, I suddenly forgot how to breathe, move, to speak. My father holds me by the throat, choking as I try to breathe.

"Little boy, you thought you could get away with it, didn't you? Just because you have a mafia behind your back, you will do nothing. Your mafia can't save you, you can't even save yourself, boy."

"Y-You can't do shit y-yourself." Choking out my words, I honestly thought it would be the end of me, but I had to build this strength back. I had to for myself.

"I couldn't do it back then, boy. Now I can," His hand tightens around my throat, and my eyes were on William Stanley and his daughter who was finding this amusing. "You've lost everything. You're worth a dime." My heart pounds, and his words ring repeatedly in my head as if they were gripping me down instead of his hand. My mind was frozen, unable to acknowledge what was being said or done.

I was supposed to be a grown man. I should be able to stop him, to stop them. But everything was in their hands, they were making me feel weak. It was hard thoughhard seeing the people who were supposed to love to go against you in the cruellest way and hurt you constantly until they were satisfied.

"We need him alive, Paul. But as you said, it's not like he can do anything. One wrong move, Elijah, and your mafia will be destroyed too." Maybe they were right along. I was just a weak boy, not even worth being called a man. I can't even protect myself from them, I keep falling and falling until they hit me in the worst way possible.

Suffocated.

Almost as if I'm asphyxiated.

"He won't be able to do shit. I've got eyes on him," Amira tugs her lips into a grin, my nostrils flare as I build up the strength to push Paul away from me. "And he knows he's not allowed to touch women otherwise he'll go straight to prison."