Ready

It was night, and Samuel and Adan were ready to leave. Samuel was still in control of Adan's body. "Yo, we need to be quiet so we don't wake Crystal. She's pretty smart to catch up on one's lies."

"The brave ones seem to have that talent. Although, one must ask if they are being brave or foolish. I believe your friend is of both. Quite admirable."

"You admire her? She brought us to this mess."

Samuel raised an eyebrow. "Did she force you to come here, or did you come here in your own will?" Adan was quiet. "I can sense that you had feelings for her, but now things have changed, have they?"

Adan sighed. "I did have feelings for her, but after all this, the feelings disappeared. We might still be friends, but I will never go to one of Crystal's exploits again. I want this to be over."

"It will. Soon, we will be free from this nightmare. We must go. Now, what is this Lyft that you say."

Adan instructed Samuel how to use the app, and when he completed that transaction, it informed them that their car would arrive in fifteen minutes. Samuel got out of the room to go and wait for their ride. He slowly and quietly walked by Crystal's room. "Adan?"

Samuel stilled. "Yes, Crystal?"

"Can you come here, please? I need to tell you something."

Adan and Samuel sighed. They went to Crystal's room, where they saw the young woman sitting upward on the bed. They noticed how gaunt Crystal looked. "Crystal, you look unwell. I was told that something happened to you in the house."

Crystal was quiet for a moment. "Yeah, I was shown a vision of what happened in the house."

"This is news to me. How in the hell was she able to have a vision?" asked Adan. 

Samuel ignored him. "What kind of vision?"

"I saw what happened in the house. It's confirmed that Ronald was possessed to kill his family; he's innocent."

"Damn, that's brutal! It sounds hard to believe that a ghost would possess a grown man. It sounds fake. Ronald probably had mental health issues or something."

Adan was ignored, and Samuel sat by Crystal. "You are brave. I will admit but also a fool. How do you know if what you saw was true or not? As you said, evil spirits can trick their victims."

Crystal was thoughtful momentarily, but she massaged the back of her neck. "It could be a trick, but I doubt it was a lie. I spoke with Bobby, who told me what he saw with Ronald after the murders. It would make sense."

"Crystal, you have been obsessed with this case, affecting you. Look at your current state. I know you want to write something good but is a mere story worth your life?" Samuel asked. His eyes never left Crystal.

As for the young woman, she had never seen such a determined look in Adan before. He never once blinked when speaking to her. Something else that Crystal noticed was how Adan said; he sounded more confident. "I know, Adan. I just wanted to get the truth. I wanted to know if Ronald was innocent or not. I know in my heart he was."

"You need to stop going to the house. I feel it is becoming even more dangerous now. If what you witnessed was true, then you might be in danger."

"What do you mean? If whatever this thing is wants to hurt me, it should have done so."

Samuel sighed. He couldn't believe how stubborn Crystal was. "If it showed you the truth, then it might be planning something even more sinister. Maybe it wants to earn your trust. You could be next. You could become what Ronald has become." It was silent between them. Crystal never thought of that possibility. Suddenly she felt 'Adan' hugging her; it brought her out of her thoughts. "I just want you to be okay, Crystal. I don't want anything to happen to you. We went through something dangerous, and you shouldn't look further. You have your answers, but now you must put them to rest." Samuel couldn't believe it. It had been a while since he hugged someone.

Crystal's body was warm, and it felt so nice to embrace someone. His thoughts were interrupted when he felt the phone vibrating. "Dude, we need to go. The driver is waiting for us," said Adan.

Samuel separated from the hug. "I need to go somewhere, and I will return. Just rest since you have been through so much. Tomorrow we will speak more." He motioned Crystal to lie on the bed and fixed the bedsheets to cover her. He left the room and went outside, where the Lyft driver awaited him. Samuel got in the car where he was being driven to their location.

The drive wasn't going to be long. Samuel felt nervous and excited. He didn't know what would happen when he got his bones. "Hey, do you think this evil spirit might attack us?"

"We must prepare for the worst. I will guide you and will protect you if need be." Samuel looked out the window and saw the house. He noticed how uncomfortable the driver was but said nothing. The driver parked, and Samuel got out of the car and thanked the driver. The driver drove off. He looked at the house from afar and took a deep breath. This is it. Adan, are you ready?"

Adan took control of his body. "Let's get this over with."