Tour

Bobby led Adan and Crystal inside the house. When Crystal and Adan enter, a cold chill hits them, making them shiver. Crystal felt her body tremble, and it wasn't because of the cold air. She was in the house where the DeFeo family was murdered. The house was dimly lit, giving it a creepy vibe. "How does it feel to be inside a murder house?" asked Bobby as he closed the door.

"Creepy," Adan and Crystal answered.

"I know. It's what I felt when I first entered the house, but when I saw the bodies, it was somethin' I couldn't describe. I guess I felt that a part of me died when I saw the bodies and Ronny."

"How did Ronald react after the murders?" asked Adan.

"He would keep sayin' that 'he made me do it.' Somethin' like that. Ronny looked like he was in shock at what he had done."

Crystal looked around the house; her eyes were on the stairs. That was when she knew that the stairs would lead to the rooms where the murders took place. "Hey, Bobby, could we go upstairs?"

Bobby eyed the young woman. "Wanna start upstairs, eh? Sure thing, but be careful; we don't wanna disturb any spirits if there are any." He walked in front of Crystal and Adan; the two followed as they went upstairs. Bobby showed them the children's room and the parents' room. It felt surreal as they were in the same place where Ronald killed the family. 

As Bobby was explaining the history of the DeFeo family, Crystal felt something was watching her. She looked around, but there was nothing but Bobby and Adan. It made her wonder if there was something in the house. Crystal was excited, but she and Adan would be left alone when the tour ended.

Bobby eventually left, and Crystal went to the room that belonged to Ronald DeFeo Jr; she sat on the floor, got out some candles, lit them up, and turned off the room lights. Adan followed her, and when her, he was stunned; a cold shiver went through his spine. "Crystal, why was it necessary to turn off the lights?"

"Electric currents and other forms of technology make communicating difficult for the supernatural. Why do you think there aren't many hauntings in big cities?"

"How do you know that?"

"Google. Anyway, sit down. I can't do this alone; getting a second person to help if anything goes wrong would be nice."

Adan reluctantly sat down in front of Crystal. "What do you mean if anything goes wrong?"

"Well, we don't know what we might communicate with, and it's nice to have someone to help me calm down if I freak out." Crystal giggled as she felt excitement coarse through her.

Adan shook his head. "And you don't think I'm freaked out?"

"Well, at least we have each other to help one another."

"I know you want something exciting to write about, but who will believe us? There are many skeptics worldwide."

"Never fear, I have my phone recording, see?" Crystal pointed to her phone, which was held by the mirror stand.

The young let out an annoyed sigh. "That's not going to be too convincing, Chris. People think we tampered with the video, and there will be people who will question everything. Many people don't want to think of the possibility that there could be something out of this world."

Crystal put her hand over the planchette, ignoring Adan. "I know many people are going to be convinced. I won't waste my time trying to convince a close-minded person. I'm doing this for my work but also Ronald. If something possessed Ronald, we could show that he was innocent."

"Ronald is dead. There is no point."

"Be it as it may, whether or not Ronald was telling the truth, it needs to be known. If he wasn't innocent, he did his time, but at least we can clear his name if he was innocent. Let's get started." Crystal motioned Adan to put his fingers on the planchette, and he did so. "My name is Crystal, and this is my friend Adan. Are there any spirits here?"

It was silent, making Adan uneasy; he watched Crystal ask simple questions, trying to identify any entities in the house. A cold chill never left his body, and anxiety overwhelmed him. Adan stood up from the floor. "Chris, this ain't working. We might as well call it quits for the day. Ronald was a psychopathic murderer, after all. There's nothing paranormal."

Crystal still sat with the ouija in front of her. "I'll try it out one more time before we call Bobby. You can leave if you want."

Adan didn't need to be told twice as he immediately left the room, leaving Crystal alone. She kept on asking questions, but there was no response. "Damn it." She stood up to get her phone. Once she did, she was about to clean up when there was a noise. Crystal looked down; she dropped her phone.

The young woman saw the planchette move on the board as it spelled something.

"Hello, Crystal."