Ch 7: Back From the Dead

Ayatney looked up from her kneeling position, a male Na'vi coming into view with another following after him. Just by his stance alone you were able to tell that he was the one leading the group of avatars.

Ayatney glared at him as he made his way around, studying each and every one of their faces. Finally stopping in front of her, she built up the courage to hiss at him. Baring her fangs for him to see that she wasn't a bit afraid of him.

He let a chuckle, amused by her behavior. "Hey boss, look, four fingers."

"Kehe!" Lo'ak reached his hand out, as they held up Kiri's by force. The avatar walked over, checking out her fingers before turning to Lo'ak.

"Show me your hands." He demanded, wanting to see if any of the other children here were the same. Lo'ak looked into his eyes, slowly raising his hands up to show off both of his middle fingers. If this had been a different situation, maybe Ayatney would've found this funny.

But right now was no laughing matter as it had only ticked him off. "Where is Jake Sully?" He questioned, going to grab at Lo'ak's kuru. The boy hissed at the rough treatment, still staring into the avatars eyes.

"Sorry, I don't speak English with losers."

"Where is your father?!" It had shocked all of them that he was able to speak Na'vi despite it coming out so terrible. Lo'ak only let out a weak snarl in response, not willing to share his fathers where abouts.

Realizing that he wasn't going to give him an answer, the avatar pulled out his knife. That was enough to make everyone thrash around again, Spider yelling the loudest. He waved it around before throwing Lo'ak to the floor, walking over to Kiri instead.

"Kehe!" Ayatney screamed, all of this stress was hurting her still recovering head. On top of that her shoulder was now aching since they had knocked her down. Ayatney had to do something, if not then Kiri was going to get hurt. She was running out of time and options.

He raised the knife high in the air before he made a swinging motion. Bringing the knife down to end the girls life, only to stop half way as Ayatney screamed out.

"I know where Jake Sully is!"

Everyone shot a look in her direction, ears twitching and tails swinging. He lowered his arm, walking towards her way knife still in hand. Her accent was thick, obviously not accustomed to the english language.

"I know where he is." She spoke softer this time, defeat settling into her bones. He knew she was scared, not much for herself but for those around her.

The avatar kneeled and stared into her eyes. "If you are lying, I will shoot one of your little friends. You got that?"

Ayatney pursed her lips, glancing at Lo'ak over his shoulder. He looked disappointed and upset but yet understanding of their current situation. "I will not tell him, even if it costs me my life. Ngaytxoa Lo'ak." She reassured him in Na'vi, praying to Eywa that the avatar didn't understand.

Doing the same with her as he did with Lo'ak moments before, he yanked her queue hard. Her own hands going back to dig into his as he squeezed it. "You speak to me! You got that?"

Ayatney howled in pain, then continued to let out another snarl. She wasn't going to back down, she knew she could fight. But she also knew that she wouldn't win in this situation.

His breath fanned her face as he neared, "You got that?" Ayatney didn't get a chance to reply as he stood up straight, letting her queue go as another took a hold of it.

They all watched as he faced Spider, his face full of confusion. Why was a human kid with the Na'vi?

"What's your name kid?"