Chapter 6 - This Is Me Trying

________________________________

"They told me all of my cages were mentalSo I got wasted like all my potentialAnd my words shoot to kill when I'm madI have a lot of regrets about thatI was so ahead of the curve, the curve became a sphere"- Taylor Swift___________________________...

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"They told me all of my cages were mental
So I got wasted like all my potential
And my words shoot to kill when I'm mad
I have a lot of regrets about that
I was so ahead of the curve, the curve became a sphere"
- Taylor Swift
________________________________

Grayson's P.O.V

Chutes and Ladders ended quickly after Eve spoke.

Avery didn't care to stick around, Xander said he had something to do and Eve just smiled at me and left. Unfortunately that left me alone with Jess.

She hadn't said much since she announced her engagement, though neither had I. I was in utter shock when Jess had told everyone she was engaged, I was shocked and annoyed. A few months ago I had been so sure I would be the one marrying her, I had always planned to ask her.

Of course I had messed up though, I lost her. Now she loves another man, one who I quite honestly despise. I keep telling myself that at least she's happy, but even sometimes I doubt if she is.

Looking over at the blonde girl, her usually long hair now cut to her shoulders, I couldn't help the butterflies that came to my stomach. The two of us made eye contact and I quickly looked away. I did not get to stare at her in longing, if she can move on so can I.

"Congratulations." I said, Jess gave me a smile that didn't reach her eyes.

"Thank you." She whispered, beginning to walk to the door.

"Jess, wait." She turned to face me as I spoke. "I'm really sorry about how I've been acting." She looked at me, her face shown no signs of any anger centred towards me, but I wasn't stupid. I was making her life harder and anyone could see it. "I truly am happy that you have found a life you want and are going to find happiness in."

"Grayson, you don't have to pretend. I know you hate Alex so you don't need to say that you are okay with us being together-" I walked up to her and grabbed her hand, making her pause.

"I meant what I said, it was all truth, I want you to be happy." I was really trying to make amends with her. Jess only shook her head.

"Thank you Grayson, but we need to stop whatever is going on between us." She said, motioning to the space in between us. The word us hung in the air. "I need you to let go of me." She paused. "I'm engaged now."

"Yes, I suppose you are." I said, cuffing my sleeves, avoiding Jess's eyes.

"It was recent. Alex proposed last night." She blurted out. I gave a small smile.

"I'm glad you two were able to sort things out," I said, looking over to the girl in front of me. "After the fight you two had." I regretted the words the minute they left my mouth. Jess looked down, red coming to her cheeks.