Chapter 4 - Peace

________________________________

"Would it be enough if I could never give you peace?"- Taylor Swift________________________________

- Taylor Swift
________________________________

Grayson's P.O.V

When I saw her I had it's assumed I was completely losing it. I mean, how could the dead become undead? Of course someone who is dead could never return, but for a moment I truly thought she had. I truly believed Emily Laughlin had returned from the dead.

When Jess told me that it wasn't her, only her relative I was still so sure that Emily had been standing there. After getting a better look at the girl, Eve, though, it was obvious it wasn't her. Her hair was slightly darker, her face rounder, her eyes a shade lighter. The girl's, face held none of Emily's expressions.

When I began to walk over there I almost expected the girl to stare at me as Emily had. I wanted her to look at me the way Emily once had, if only to see something I missed so dearly. I knew that Emily had never loved me, she had loved the idea of me and what I could give her but not me. I had been so close to loving her though, and seeing Eve standing there, looking so much like her I had never wanted Emily back so much.

I made my way closer to Avery and Eve, still staring at Eve. She was dirty and scratched up, like she had just been in a fight, but even looking like that she was still so beautiful, a beautiful only a Laughlin could pull off. She barely glanced over to me. Clearly I didn't have the same affect on her that she had on me.

"You're hurt." I murmured, referring to her currently bleeding forehead.

She brought her eyes to mine and gazed deep into them. I knew then that this girl was not Emily, not even close. She was different, different from any girl I had ever met, she wasn't like Avery or Jess, she was something I couldn't quite figure out, but I would sure as hell try though.

"I'm pissed." She said. I gave her a small nod.

"Come on," Avery said. "Let's go back to the house." Eve nodded as Avery and I began to walk towards the massive house. I fell in line with Eve, Avery ahead of us.

"I can show you around when your ready if you'd like." The girl looked up at me and gave a small nod.

"I would like that very much."

...

"Tell me everything, Heiress." Jameson said to Avery.

Jameson had found us quickly after we had entered the house. I had rolled my eyes at Jameson as I noticed he hadn't even put on a shirt. We had led Eve to a room where she could use the shower and Avery let her have some of her clothes.

"I don't know where to start." Avery muttered.

"Tell me what you need, Heiress." Jameson said, completely serious.