☆twenty four☆

kie, el, pope, and jj eventually left the cameron residence. pope didn't get in until late, he got an earful from his parents.

el and jj and kie went back to the chateau, the next morning el got up and went on the porch to have a cigarette. she looked off towards the water and saw john b sitting on the dock by the water, she went back inside and woke up kie and jj before joining john b.

after a while of talking things through, an out of breath pope came running down the property.
"aren't you supposed to be in your interview?" el asked.

"just listen! before i went into my interview; my dad told me he has to go clear off the cameron's air strip because the plane is too heavy so it needs more room to take off" pope began.

"i don't get it" jj shrugged.

"shhhh! so i'm sitting in my interview and i'm thinking... why would ward need a bigger air strip? what could possibly be weighing down his plane?" pope recalled.

everyone looked at one another, ellie nodded "gold?"

pope snapped is finger "YES! gold! the plane takes off tonight... we've got one shot at this"

the pogues drove off to the air strip, sarah was absent since she thought that john b tried to kill her dad and she didn't believe john b when he told her that ward killed big john.

they stood at the fence watching workers load crates into the plane, john b looked towards ward's car which had just arrived "sarah's with him" he observed sadly.

sarah frantically paced the air stop asking the workers what was in the crates, finally ward grabbed her and pushed her into the plane.

"she's fighting back... she doesn't wanna go" ellie told the pogues.

"i gotta help her" john b stressed, running back to the twinkie.

"oh god what is he doing now?" kie sighed.

john b sped passed them and crashed through the fence, he drove right up beside the plane and finally drove in front of it; causing ward to stop the plane.

ward, sarah, and john b argued for a moment, the pogues watching from a distance. they then heard sirens "i'm on probation" jj told the pogues.

"yeah i can't get arrested again" ellie agreed.

"again?!" kie, pope, and jj said in unison.

"it's a long story, let's go" el responded, all of them running away from the air strip.

the four ended up hiding out, pope began throwing scrap all over the garage "john b's probably in jail by now" pope exclaimed frustratedly; throwing a trash can at the wall.

"it's finally happened" jj observed "ellie, you got the antidepressants" he joked.

ellie reached into her pocket and pulled out her dab pen "here ya go popey" she said comfortingly.

"oh yeah like that's gonna help?" kie scoffed "way to use your heads guys"

"he's upset kie" el gestured to pope who was sitting on the ground holding the dab pen.

"you don't have to do that you know" kie told pope.

"well we just lost everything so fuck it" pope shrugged.

john b came running around the corner covered in blood "john b... who's blood is that?" el asked in a scared tone.

"it's sherif peterkin's" he said sadly "rafe shot her"