CHAPTER 5

(Ella's POV)

I woke up to a girl with honey blond hair & stormy grey eyes looking down at me - Annabeth. I tried to sit up quickly & instantly felt dizzy.

"Woah! Take it easy." She said helping me sit up.

"Good too see you too Annie." I grinned.

She crushed me into a tight hug. Annabeth is another best friend of mine. She became my friend after Grover. They're both equally important to me & I loved them to death.

"Ow, ow. Watch the wound." She quickly let go.

"Don't you ever do something like that again. I was worried sick! What were you even th-".

"I'm fine Annie, relax." I cut of her rambling.

"I've got training to do. Will you be okay?"

"Yeah, Of course. I'll catch up with you later."

I looked around. I was in the infirmary. My wound had been patched up but it still hurt.

I decided to head to the big house to check on Percy. Camp half blood is a beautiful place & it felt good to finally be home.

As I reach the big house I saw Percy, he waved & gave me a smile. I blushed & smiled back in return but my smile faded...

I saw the one person I had missed so much in front of me.

"Grover Underwood! Get your furry behind back here right now!", I said but he runs off.

I greeted Mr.D & Chiron. They smiled in response. Mr.D went off to speak to Grover.

"Nora? Would you mind preparing a bunk for Percy in cabin 11?" Chiron asks me.

"Sure Chiron" I replied with a smile.

I sat down on the chair next to Percy, "So, how are you?" I asked him. His face fell & he was silent for a minute.

Before he replied I say, "I'm sorry Perce..." He looked confused. "Why are you sorry?"

I took a deep breath & said, "It was my job to get you here safely....& to protect your mom...I failed you..& her..."

I looked down & felt a hand intertwine with mine. His green eyes met my blue ones with a tender gaze...

"It's not your fault...", he said gently.

"But it is. I was useless when you needed my help", I said as tears filled my eyes.

He tried to say something but I cut him off, "I think it's better you stay away from me."

I noticed a heart broken expression on his face as I pull my hand from his. "I'm sorry." I said as I ran without looking back....

I messed up the chance of making a new friend....how stupid was I?...Very? I know...

(Percy's POV)

It hurt seeing her like that. One moment she was smiling, the next...she shut herself away.

"Dude! What were you thinking??", I got really scared & fell out of the chair, landing on the porch with a 'oof'.

"Geez! Grover, you wanna give me a heart attack, or what?", I said. He laughed, hard.

"How long were you even standing there?", I asked him.

"Long enough to know you're an idiot."

"Hey!" I protested.

"Why didn't you go after her?!"

"I should give her space...besides...she wants me to stay away from her..." I said sadly.

"So? You're just gonna listen to her?"

"What are you getting at?" I questioned him.

"Well, I think that you like her..."

"What?! No, I don't." I said getting flustered.

"Oh really? So you're saying that you don't get lost in her eyes...& you don't think about her at all? &...." he was about to continue.

"Okay stop!" Gods I hate it when he's right.

"What are you waiting for? Go after her!"

"Okay, okay I'm going!", I said.

But before I could go after her, Chiron said, "Percy, come along, I'll give you a tour of the camp...." I didn't want to go..not without her...

I gave Grover a pleading look. He looked at me & mouthed 'I'll go check on her'. I nodded sadly & followed Chiron.

I should've stopped her before she left...

(Ella's POV)

I ran as fast as I could until I found myself at the beach. It somehow always manages to calm me down. The sun was setting & the sky had beautiful hues of red & gold.

"I'm so stupid." A tear rolled down my cheek.

"No....you're not." A voice said. I whip my head around to see Grover standing there.

"Can we talk....please?" He asked.

I sat down on the sand & he did the same.

"What're you doing here? Why did you follow me?" I asked him. He wiped away my tears & said.

"Don't blame yourself for what happened."

I just sat there staring at the beach.

"I'm sorry, I lashed out on you earlier." I said.

"It's okay. I'm kinda used to it by now." He grinned. I laughed & hugged him.

We sat there enjoying the sunset for a few more minutes.

Grover asked, "So...did you prepare a bunk for Percy?" I facepalmed.

"Styx!" I curse. "I totally forgot about that."

"Don't rush, there's still some time."

"Yeah, that's true. Still, I'm gonna go." I said.

"Hey, Nora?" He called after me. I turned.

"Will you do me a favour?", I nodded for him to continue. "Can you talk things out with Percy....please? Just...do it for me."

"Grover..."

"No, I'm serious. He's been looking down ever since you left him at the big house. I saw him an hour ago. He was with Chiron for a camp tour but his mind was elsewhere...". I sighed.

"Okay, fine. I'll do it...for you.." He gave me a grateful smile & left saying he had to meet up with Mr.D. I wished him good luck.

I reached cabin eleven & sat on the front porch playing my guitar while humming a tune, when Percy came.

Vote, comment & share.
Take care my lovely readers.❤
Alice signing off.
XOXO.