I elaborate what she just told me and make sure to lock it in a safe place for bad times.

Outside is still dark, it's only five in the morning. Louis doesn't have to be there that early, since he's the driver of Mr. Styles, yet he wants to escort me. The truth is, he knows I'll feel better if he's there. I don't know what I would do without him.

'' Hello Ginger-lily.'' Louis mocks me referring to that one time my hair got so red they resembled ginger-lilies. I wrinkle my nose in fake boredom.

'' Good morning to you too, Bogie.'' He never liked me calling him that.

'' It happened just once, only once.'' He states exasperate while I step into the car.

I find myself fixing my gaze upon him better, going along his features a couple of times and noticing all the same things I see every time I lay eye on him.

His dark blue eyes are on the road, deep into his task as if his life depended on it; his tiny fingers around the wheel are almost petting the surface with that reassuring touch that makes you feel like home is never too far when he's near. He may look like a really forgetful and clumsy boy, but he's really attentive and notices stuff no one sees.

''Jade.'' He then breaks the silence and I blink away that dreamy halo. ''You still writing, aren't you?'' He asks with a puzzled look and glances in my direction for a moment.

''I'm trying to. Just don't know if I am good at it anymore.'' He's typing his chin with his index, like he's thinking something important.

''I liked reading your stories.'' He tries to reassure me and I shrug, not really in the spirit to worry over my fading writing skills. I have stopped a year ago and never really took a pen in my hands since.

Louis takes a turn and we start climbing on a dirty road ending up on a hill from where I can see the Styles' house looming out.

It's a really huge castle with too many rooms to be counted; the gardens at the bottom of it embrace the rock-mason almost guarding it like angel's wings. It looks so beautiful surrounded by tall and ancient trees and some rare sleeping flowers. Everything though, gives me a sense of superiority, as if every leaf and stone in this place was not meant for common human eyes.

'' You have never seen plants before, Jade?'' I sniff and suffocate a laugh before noticing that I'm actually pressing my nose against his car's glass.

'' I've seen them, my mum used to like gardening when I was little but those are breathtaking. So sophisticated and gorgeous; I wonder how much care they need to grow up this well.''

Louis stops the car in the back of the house, getting off and I mirror his moves till we reach the Gothic entrance where a lion head is sets watching us with wide lifeless eyes. I gulp loudly and stroll as close as I can to Louis, unconsciously seeking for protection.

He knocks and an old lady with grey hair well fixed behind her head and a spotless maid uniform, stands right before us. She looks severe and slightly cold at first, I'm hoping she will be a bit friendlier once we get to know each other.

'' Is this the girl?'' She inquires with her pronounced nose lifted in the air. Louis steps aside and guides me in front of him, slowly caressing my arms to give me some kind of comfort.

'' In flesh and blood, Missus Alice.'' She darts her piercing icing eyes on me, studying my every curves.

'' Very well then. Come in, Mr. Tomlinson.''

We move to a kitchen where people are already bustling about the place, running up and down restlessly to make what I think it's breakfast.

'' Mr. Tomlinson.'' He suddenly raises his chin to meet her gaze.'' You can serve yourself while me and-'' She pauses and I rush to pronounce my name.