Hels Keep

Helsknight had no idea where the hel he was. 

He woke up in a soft bed, Evil Xsumia in another one just across the room. The entire building smelled of mildew. His head pounded something awful. 

Ex groaned, sitting up and rubbing his forehead. His red eyes cleared when he saw Hels.

"Where... what..." he asked, and Hels remembered.

That bitch of a brother to Ex, Xsumia, had somehow gotten them launched over the wall in round seven of the Hermit Trials. How they ended up here, Hels had no idea, but he didn't care. He wanted to slowly torture Xsumia to death.

Suddenly, the door creaked open. A strange character walked in.

Its skin was made of obsidian and a nasty smile was carved into its face. Its mouth and eyes glowed a dull red. It froze when it saw them. Hels and Ex shot up, swords in hand.

"Whoa there, you two. I brought you here for a reason." the creature said in a rich, Irish accent. The pair froze, swords still lifted. The creature sighed.

"Call me Xornoth. Now, if you would please follow me, I want to show you something." Xornoth said, walking away without waiting for a response. After a moment of hesitation, Hels and Ex followed.

They emerged in a version of the Nether, where they were from. A portal without a frame sat there.

"That's the key to my freedom from this hellhole. If you help me, I will help you get revenge on Xsumia." Xornoth explained. Ex held up his finger and guided Hels to the side.

"I've heard of Xornoth. Really good at destroying things. We should help." he whispered. Hels hesitated, then nodded. He trusted Ex's judgment. They went back to Xornoth.

"We'll help." Ex said. Xornoth smiled in a twisted way.

"Good. My castle is in ruins on the other side of the gate. Get a portal in there. After I destroy this world, we can go find Xsumia." Xornoth explained. The duo nodded then jumped through the portal.

.  .  .

(Gem) 

Location: Hel's Keep

The armies quickly surrounded Xornoths castle, watching. But there was nothing. Not even a bird. Tension hung thick in the air.

Elder shifted uncomfortably before talking in my mind.

"I can sense the egg inside. Xornoth is holding it captive. We must get it." Elder said. I nodded.

"Got it." I thought back.

Suddenly everything went silent. Elder and his sons tensed up.

"He is here. I can smell the evil." Elder said aloud, startling the army.

And from the shadows, wielding a massive black broadsword and wearing a terrible crown came... not Xornoth. 

The man who walked out wore no shirt, a pair of bamboo strung pants, sunburnt skin, and parrots' wings walked out. He looked angry. 

"Leave my Xor-Xor alone!" he yelled, voice high pitched. I snorted. Xor-Xor? Seriously? 

"Joey, that crown is messin with your mind. Take it off before you accidentally hurt someone." Scott yelled. Joey pointed the sword at the elf.

"It was a gift!" he protested. Pearl cracked her neck, drawing her own sword.

"Let me at him. Please, let me at him." she muttered. I laughed, waving my hand forwards.

"By all means, be my guest," I said. Pearl grinned, hopping off her horse. An alien bloodlust filled her eyes as she circled Joey, swinging her sword casually. The way Joey held his sword it wasn't hard to tell that he didn't really know what to do with it. He clearly was used to a different weapon. 

"Don't-don't come any closer, or I'll hit you with my sword." Joey stammered. I snorted.

"I believe the technical term is 'stab,' kid." I said, earning a laugh from the crowd. Joey went pink, but kept circling. 

Pearl lunged forwards suddenly with a ferocity that I never had thought her capable of. Within a few swipes, she had disarmed Joey. She hadn't even broken a sweat.

Growling, Joey whipped a colorful club I hadn't seen before off of his belt and almost brained Pearl with it. She jumped back with a surprised yelp.

She and Joey launched into battle, this time with equal skill. But in the end, Pearl disarmed him yet again and kicked Joey to the ground. She nodded, impressed, as she whipped her blood from her chin. Joey had landed a good hit.

Pearl planted her boot on his chest as Scott rushed over.

"Don't kill him." he said, pulling the crown off.

"Hey, what are you doing!? That was a gift!" Joey cried as Scott pulled it off. Then a sudden look of confusion crossed his face.

"Well, that's the end of that, then. Shame, he was entertaining enough. But I guess I have to kill you now." a deep voice boomed, making poor Joey cringe.

Xornoth had finally reared their ugly head, floating above their Keep, red energy crackling between their fingers. 

.  .  .

"We don't want to fight you, Xornoth! Just go back to the nether so we don't have to kill you!" Scott yelled, dodging a shard of red ice. An army of demons poured from the Keep with a deafening war cry. The two armies collided in a mighty clang of steel. 

"Funny you should say that, brother. Because I really, really want to kill you." Xornoth said, leaping at Scott. There was no possible way for the elf to dodge that. 

I intervened, using a blast from my staff to toss Xornoth to the side. He rolled, narrowing his eyes on me.

"I'm ready for a rematch, bitch." I growled, blasting him again. Xornoth tried to absorb it, and partly succeeded but still got thrown back. Scott nodded his thanks to me. As Xornoth pried himself from the wall with a vivid curse.

I drew my sword, purple lightning crackling around it. My staff glowed brightly in my other hand. The wind kicked up around me. Xornoth's look of amusement slowly vanished, slowly replaced by one of slight nervousness.

"How are you feeling, Wizard? Because I'm, really, really, pissed off. Are you?" Xornoth growled. I glared and nodded, slamming my staff and sword together in a powerful beam. Xornoth raised an energy shield, but not in time. The beam clipped the edge, cutting deep into their cheek. They shot me a nasty look.

Scott and I jumped forwards, meeting him in the middle to kill the son of a bitch, once and for all.