The place had transformed since I had last been there. White houses with amethyst roofs stood behind a tall white wall. I rushed in.

"Everyone, make way for refugees! Blacksmiths, take this one with you! Start working overtime to get shields and swords to every able-bodied man and woman above fourteen!" I ordered. I was surprised at how quickly they listened. The older man who had led them here walked up to me.

"Xornoth." he said. Not a question. I nodded. He sighed and motioned for me to follow him. I did.

He led me into a small cave in the side of the cliff. A purple wizard hat and robe floated there, crystals floating around it. He bowed to me before leaving. I frowned, looking at it.

"You are worthy, dragon slayer. Take them and become the greatest wizard this world has ever known." a disembodied voice whispered. Others joined it, encouraging me. All the past wizards of the Cliffs.

Sucking in a deep breath, I placed the hat on my head. Wind swirled around me, throwing my hair about and stirring up the small pond behind it.

A million memories rushed past me, showing me the lives of the past Grand Wizards. I fell to one knee with a gasp, overwhelmed. 

But as quickly as it started, it was over. I felt much... older. And now I had the memories and experiences as all the past Grand Wizards. 

I slung the robe on, knowing what it was from the memories. A wingsuit.

I felt much more confident as I strode out of the cave. Gandalf hopped up onto my shoulder, meowing. The wind outside had kicked up, whipping my new robe and hair around. The entire town stopped and stared; the refugees included. 

Raising my staff, I urged the wings into existence. A pair of wings unfolded behind me, made of pure amethyst. The crowd gasped.

"It's time we end this monster named Xornoth, once and for all! I messed up by bringing him here. But I intend to right that wrong, even if I walk to that castle alone. Who's with me?" I boomed, voice amplified. The crowd erupted. First in excitement, then in fear.

I whirled around and watched in horror as three white dragons descended from the sky. I was about to blast at them when I realized nothing about them seemed malicious.   

They landed in front of me. The crowd went silent as the middle and largest one stepped forwards, crouching down to my eye level.

"We are here to help." a deep voice in my head said, causing me to flinch. He had just talked to me in my mind. They had no ill intent.

I turned back to the crowd who stood shocked. I lifted my chin, smiling.

We had three dragons now. And with them, hope.

.  .  .

A few minutes later, I was soaring to the Grimlands on the back of the Elder, the other two dragons soaring behind.

We landed in front of the palace. The Elder extended his wing up to the balcony where the other emperors stood frozen. I walked up to them.

"Dragons." Lizzy said simply. I nodded.

"We have Gilded Helianthia on our side. We also found Xornoth's castle. The Crystal Cliffs and Gilded Helianthia are ready to march." I reported. Joel shook his head, amazed.

"How did you manage to do that all so fast" he asked. I shrugged, turning to Fwhip. I handed him a handful of amethyst shards. He nodded his thanks, leading me down to the forge.