Chapter 11: Earth, Wind and Water

Mona could not help but be distracted by every detail around her.

Ever since they had disembarked at the port of Liyue, she observed everything within her reach with full interest. She had visited the nation before, but she could not help but do the same every time she was in a new region.

She found fascinating how mere mountains and sketches of separation were enough to divide two completely different lands. If Mondstadt was freedom, Liyue was consistency.

Given the time of day, they would spend the night in the city of the Geo Archon region. At such time, they could enjoy the free hours before departing the next day. Travelling at night was not advisable with so many monsters on the loose. So they would use what remained of the evening to visit the city.

Now, they climbed the stairs in search of a small book house that Mona remembered. She had earned the necessary mora with hard work, sweat and tears, she deserved at least one book as a reward.

"Just one book." Wanderer reminded her. "And don't even think about picking the most expensive one, I know you."

"We'll see."

Mona made no promises. If she found one that was not in her collection, she planned to buy it regardless of the price. Besides, true, she had to look for souvenirs. Maybe she could buy a book for each of her friends.

She approached the shelves with interest once they reached the corresponding floor. There were two boys with light blue and dark blue hair snooping around the very shelf that had caught her attention. Wanderer looked at them disinterestedly, leaving his hands in his pockets. Mona ran her fingers along the spines of the books.

"I also want to buy one for Albedo, Sucrose and Fischl, help me pick them out." She indicated distractedly. "Science, science, fantasy."

"Anyone else?" He questioned sarcastically. He glanced sideways as he began to search for them. "You left out Albedo's pyromaniac little sister, you can buy her a typical Liyue lighter."

Mona rolled her eyes and continued her search. It was when she felt eyes on her. She looked at Wanderer first, but he was focused on the books. When she shifted her gaze to the left, one of the two boys was looking at her curiously.

It was the darker blue-haired one, as the lighter blue-haired one was also browsing the shelves. He looked familiar. She thought she had seen him somewhere at least once. He was smiling kindly.

"Excuse me, I apologise for my intrusion... Do you know Albedo? Does he use the pseudonym Calx, perhaps?" He placed his hands behind his back. "My name is Xingqiu, we are acquaintances."

Xingqiu... Xingqiu... Oh! That was the friend Albedo met on a certain trip to Inazuma, she remembered hearing him mention his name. Just as she remembered reading his work.

She looked more closely at his attire and noticed that he was also carrying a hydro vision. His companion, one of cryo. From both hung similar amulets, indicating the possible closeness of their relationship.