Chapter 3: Sweet Dreams, asshole

Another dream, another prediction of herself.

One which was even more inconclusive than Wanderer's and hers.

The previous dream began with times, and it seemed it was now only one, a constant and unchanging one. The ticking of a clock was all she could hear, as for sight, darkness surrounded her completely.

She was in an ethereal, unchanging black space, but she had no sense of being alone. She knew it because of... A hand clasping hers. It was the same warmth she felt when she saw Wanderer's memories, those fingers clinging to hers were unmistakable. And, like that other time, she could not see him either.

Mona wanted to take control in the dream, the tension was palpable in the atmosphere, and she needed to take action. But, when she wanted to change a single element, the apparent clock stopped. She was no longer surrounded by darkness. Instead, she saw blurry flashes, colorful blobs of reddish spectrum.

"You cannot escape forever, " An unfamiliar voice echoed. "traitor."

Light blue eyes opened quickly at the words. Mona could see nothing, only the black that had surrounded her moments before. With a couple of blinks, she managed to get used to the darkness, finding elements of her room. Her body moved involuntarily, getting out of bed and summoning a hydro light to guide her through the dark corridor.

She thought of Wanderer and wondered if he had the same dream. She did not know, actually, if he had slept in general. As a puppet, he was unpredictable. She reached the living room and crept over to the couch where her companion slept. She had left him curled up in a ball with the sheets and blankets, but now these had been scattered across the floor and armrest, a moment longer and the pillow would fall to the floor next to him.

Despite everything, she could see him vulnerable, sleeping at ease in someone else's house as it seemed he had not done in years. Asleep, so he should not have dreamed the same. If it was her fate, then it was none of his business, nor would she bother to mention it to him.

She was going to go back the way she had come, but she could not bear to see the sheets on the floor. She could have her room full of books piled haphazardly, but she could not tolerate seeing a clean garment on the floor. As she moved closer, she noticed a detail that even her perfect astrological skills would not have warned her about.

A plush. Wanderer had found one of her old stuffed animals and was sleeping with it. She wanted to laugh in his face, wake him up and screw him, but she also did not want to ruin the few moments of peace she had ahead of her. Besides... She had to admit that the image before her eyes was at the very least... Adorable. Which she would not admit out loud, she could not believe she had thought that about him!

She left him with the stuffed seelie and covered them both with the sheets, careful not to wake him. She finished with the blanket, watched him for a few more seconds, and left the way she had come.

"Sweet dreams, asshole." She whispered to herself before walking deeper into the hallway.