Chapter 6: Windblume Festival

Dandelions danced through the streets of Mondstadt, as free and majestic as the nation's Archon. The nation had been dyed aquamarine, and bathed in all kinds of flowers to celebrate the Windblume Festival. The streets were crowded with people enjoying the festivities, and a harp melody echoed in the background.

At least, that was the perspective through Mona's window. Her expectations of working during the week of the festival were not misguided. At that moment, in fact, she was finishing her daily errands. Who knew how long her hard-earned mora would last. She preferred to keep her mind occupied with other matters.

Like, for example, with the door opening unexpectedly behind her. A loud sigh escaped her lips as she continued to trace letters on the parchment. It was the last page, the last and she would be free until the next day. And said page was snatched from her hands by a certain nuisance.

"Hey, I'm almost done!" She grumbled. "Don't you know how to knock? Who raised you, a monkey?"

Wanderer seemed delighted she had insulted said person, for a laugh escaped his lips. He gave no indication of returning the paper, however. She had a feeling someone was going to be insulted by that malicious expression on his face.

"Sometimes a bitch did it." And there it was. "My creator's familiar is a kitsune, perhaps vixen would be more appropriate." He stressed. But she knew it would not end there. "Raiden is just a bitch, plain and simple."

Bold words to talk about the Electro Archon. She was unfamiliar with the other one, as she had not even made an appearance in her companion's memories. Nor was it as if Mona cared about such insults, for she owed allegiance to no gods, among them, including his creator.

Moreover, more relevant was the sheet he had stolen from her. She stretched out her arm to reach for it, but he read her movements immediately, backing away.

"Like mother, like son." Mona stressed smiling, causing him to frown. "And now give that back to me."

"After you called me a bitch? You're going to have to try harder, Mona." And another vain attempt to take it from him, she decided to get up from the chair to get a better angle. Wanderer was only a little taller than she was, just enough to lift the paper where she could not reach it. "What do I get in return if I give it to you?"

That had been a dangerous question to ask, to say the least, even more so when their distances were so close. It had been a mistake, on his part, not to state the terms of the agreement, certainly. She let her hands rest on his shoulders and approached his ear with very clear ideas. She would state her intentions with full clarity.

"If you give it to me, I won't kick you in the crotch." She whispered, making her grip persistent, so he would not escape. "I'm going to count to three."

Wanderer gave no indication of letting go of the paper, nor indication of pulling away. She hoped he was not underestimating her, no. He knew perfectly well she was capable of it. Mona stood face to face with him again, glaring defiantly at him.

"A very sadistic choice, I didn't know that about you, Mona." And he kept provoking her, well, she would start counting.