t - e i g h t | d i r t j o u r n a l

{ T - E I G H T } : D I R T  J O U R N A L.

The sky was ominously grey as dark clouds loomed ahead.

Bubble Academy's star couple and competent head prefects, Allen Pierce and Aubrey Simon walked into the sparse common room after their geography class.

"Where's Grey?" Allen asked, taking his seat  on the armchair close to the window, "Jazz?"

They had kept her waiting and that was his first question?

Jazz casted him an irritated look, "How would I know?"

"Aren't you–"

"We'll start without him." Aubrey intervened, noticing her cousins edginess as she sipped her coffee, "Let's cut to the chase."

Jazz nodded and began, "Head Mistress May Anderson knew someone in Bubble Academy knew her husband had been tried and sentenced for sexually assaulting minors and when 'Jazz'–" She paused and air quoted, "–published that article exposing her family's secret She thought bingo she'd caught Purple."

Jazz left out the part about Head Mistress May's financial struggle and Purple taking Aubrey's bracelet and sending it to her as a token of kindness? In respect to Grey's request.

"Wow."

"Basically, Purple had been using it to blackmail her for a while now hence why we came across her that night in the shed. She confessed to cleaning the glitter but she doesn't know who put it there. It's a longshot."

"More like dead end."

"But how can she still blackmail her with the situation? Didn't the article get published for the whole school to see?" Aubrey asked.

"Not quite, just she and Grey actually saw the article." Allen answered.

"What do you mean? Weren't you there that afternoon in the Brown House? Everyone was shooting me daggers the moment I walked in." Jazz reminded him.

"Rumors had flown around that the Andersons received some article from Jazz Brown but no one knew what it was all about. They came up with their own theories though hence the bizarre stares."

"Sorry you had to go through that, Cuz."

"Aubrey, how did you even know about Head Mistress May's marital situation?"

"Through my parents."

"And you thought it would be smart to write it down? I'm starting to think Purple might have gotten to your journal because it would seem they know just as much as you do, if not more."

"Of course, Sherlock."

Jazz rolled her eyes and adjusted her glasses on her nose, "Who do you think would have been close enough to know everything written in that journal?"

Aubrey pouted, "You're the only one I ever gave my journal too, Jazz. If we talk about close enough then my boyfriend would be a suspect, as well as Chloe and Bonnie."

"Everyone is a suspect."

"Ah ah, correction, every girl is a suspect." Allen retorted.

"Every girl that has ever had detention..." Jazz muttered, lowly.

"What do you mean?"

"I never talked about this but while I was in detention I came across something. A scribbling on one of the desks that was more like a detention visitor's book. The words: 'Purple was here'  had been written with a correction pen." Jazz replied.

Aubrey quietly chewed on her lower lip, "We should get the detention records then."

Allen sank into the chair, "Aubs, there's no detention list..."